Surprise your loved one with heart keychain

Hey guys, just sharing this here in case someone wants to make a custom gift for their loved ones... maybe late for Christmas gift but Valentine's day is just around the corner. :)

This is an extremely simple project to do and get your feet wet with electronics design and also can earn you a ton of boyfriend/girlfriend/mother/father points when you gift it to someone.

Full transparency: I did this as a weekend project. Hardware, Firmware and Design files are 100% open-source open-hardware. You can do whatever the heck you want with them,

I don't require anything in return (although would like to see your finished project). And sorry, NO, I do NOT sell these and I don't have time or interest to start doing that.

To give you some background; everyone likes gifts, that is a common knowledge, but a lot of people around me value an unique, hand-made, thoughtful gift more than any other.

So I thought, I can design something that is cool, unique and that they can "use/see" every day. I'm electronics engineer and I've been carrying my CPU and GPU chips on my keychain

over the past decade, and that gave me an idea. Design a keychain, that reacts when you interact with it. PCB is a decent platform for that, and you can put a small MCU and battery and it lights

up when you touch it, simple right. From the engineering perspective, this project is super easy, and design is not sophisticated at all, but it works. From design perspective, it looks cool, it adds that

cool factor to boring keys and also your loved ones will be reminded that you love and thing about them every time they use their keys.

Anyway, here is what I made, I'm sharing the idea with you guys and it's up to you to modify it, improve it and please share back what you have made.

Also if you need help let me know and I'll be happy to.

heart01.gif.c8f1a7e44af127287c2a0df053743e0e.gif

g2DiIlb.jpg.c3102bf81dc5c2f9db52c51fa87496c3.jpg

GgrDUxq.jpg.367ec89290974d5adebc94db5519440e.jpg

You can find more about it on http://sasakaranovic.com/projects/diy-heart-keychain/

Let me know what you think?

How to earn the hearts of female Engineering students.

this-is-where-ill-give-my-girlfriend-her-gift-if-i-had-one.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580