Only see 1 hard drive

RockiLocky
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
4 hours ago, RockiLocky said:

I did check my cable and my supply of power. Even changed them.

Nothing changed. I still see the HDD in my bios, but with 500M. I still see it in device manager. and still same problem for disk management. 

Any ideas?

EDIT:

It doesnt even show up in Windows anymore. Neither in disk management nor in device manager. Furtheremore it doesnt show up when I use command prompt go: list diskneither shows up there

it doesnt show up in bios anymore either

Edit 2: Got it to show up in bios under boot with the 2tb but not showing up in windows at all

Is it within the warranty period?

Hey guys,

As the title states I only see 1 hard drive and that is the one where my windows is installed on ;D.

But I have2 other hard drives a SSD 1TB and a HDD 2TB but windows is not picking them up ;D.

I do see them both in the BIOS. Although the HDD is not shown with 2TB but with no space at all 

Hope you boys can help me ouit ;D

5 minutes ago, RockiLocky said:

Hey guys,

As the title states I only see 1 hard drive and that is the one where my windows is installed on ;D.

But I have2 other hard drives a SSD 1TB and a HDD 2TB but windows is not picking them up ;D.

I do see them both in the BIOS. Although the HDD is not shown with 2TB but with no space at all 

Hope you boys can help me ouit ;D

Open Disk Management and make sure the drives have at least one partition on them. Create a simple volume if they don't and Windows should pick them up.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Open Disk Management and make sure the drives have at least one partition on them. Create a simple volume if they don't and Windows should pick them up.

In disk manager 1 disk has 499mb and the other one 99MB any solution to that because tahts not their real space

Can you post a screenshot of disk management? (Windows has a built in utility called snipping tool.)

5 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Can you post a screenshot of disk management? (Windows has a built in utility called snipping tool.)

OK ehre you go:

5a118b88dd8a0_diskmanagement.PNG.b6224d9587c795a14b3bf2ca31c5fdd6.PNGerror!.PNG.ed1c902c4fe57d7de7ed86544061cdcc.PNG

The thing is in my bios I do see my harddrive but it only has 500GB or 500MB dont know rn D: wouild need to look it up

Make the window bigger so I can see everything. 

Make the window bigger so I can see everything. 

5a118d7a396a2_diskmanagementfull.thumb.PNG.0f7e04d581483e598e0bcd8414f2a887.PNG

So I see the OS drive and the 1TB, so I assume Disk 0 is your missing 2TB. Have you tried it in a different SATA port w/ a different DATA Cable? Before that, post a screenshot of device manager w/ the disk drives section expanded.

So I see the OS drive and the 1TB, so I assume Disk 0 is your missing 2TB. Have you tried it in a different SATA port w/ a different DATA Cable? Before that, post a screenshot of device manager w/ the disk drives section expanded.

I did not yet but I can try. And yes the 2TB WD Black HDD is missing. How can I get the disk drives section expanded.

And I maybe fforgot to tell you that before but it does recognize the WD Black HDD

5a118f4bc00ed_diskmanagmement.PNG.0fd56daf5f1f7f285f2136d2d69ee4a1.PNG

And I know this is a bit offtopci again, but do you think AI Suite 3 is vaiable for overclocking my cpu and gpu a bit? I dont need over the top overclock just a stable slight overclock. Or should I use something else for the GPU got THE GPU Tweak 2 rn. 

What are your full system specs?

What are your full system specs?

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU: 2times 1080TI ASUS STRIX OC

Mobo: Maximus X Apex

RAM: 2times 8GB sticks from GSKIL 3666 MGHZ(not sure about the right MGHz but it should be around that number)

CPU cooler: Kraken X62.

Storage: 2SSD Samsung Evo850 (1x 500GB, 1TB)

HD Western DIgital Black 2TB

THink those are all the necessary components you need to know 

21 minutes ago, RockiLocky said:

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU: 2times 1080TI ASUS STRIX OC

Mobo: Maximus X Apex

RAM: 2times 8GB sticks from GSKIL 3666 MGHZ(not sure about the right MGHz but it should be around that number)

CPU cooler: Kraken X62.

Storage: 2SSD Samsung Evo850 (1x 500GB, 1TB)

HD Western DIgital Black 2TB

THink those are all the necessary components you need to know 

AI Suite tends to pump more voltage than needed, so you'd be better off manually OCing it.

You can use MSI Afterburner or Precision XOC to bump up the GPUs. I usually push my 1080 Tis to 2050 (2100 when benchmarking), but YMMV, so start small and go from there.

18 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

AI Suite tends to pump more voltage than needed, so you'd be better off manually OCing it.

You can use MSI Afterburner or Precision XOC to bump up the GPUs. I usually push my 1080 Tis to 2050 (2100 when benchmarking), but YMMV, so start small and go from there.

Nothing changed. I still see the HDD in my bios, but with 500M. I still see it in device manager. and still same problem for disk management. 

Any ideas?

EDIT:

It doesnt even show up in Windows anymore. Neither in disk management nor in device manager. Furtheremore it doesnt show up when I use command prompt go: list diskneither shows up there

Edit 2: Got it to show up in bios under boot with the 2tb but not showing up in windows at all

4 hours ago, RockiLocky said:

Any ideas?

EDIT:

6 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

I think so,

I will rma it tomorrow. But thank you for all of your support

1 minute ago, RockiLocky said:

I think so,

I will rma it tomorrow. But thank you for all of your support

No prob. You don't by any chance have another system to test the drive in, do you?

8 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

No prob. You don't by any chance have another system to test the drive in, do you?

I actually do have one in the basement. But I dont think it will work because:

i used the sata and power cables from my ssd and it still didnt work so it must b the drive imo but i will try it out

thx for the help again ^^