$700 Gaming PC

PJNess

I found a $700 CAD gaming pc on letgo and it seems to be a pretty good deal, even if I don't use it and only take the parts that I want. I could even negotiate the price down and here is what's in it: 

EVGA GTX 970 4GB EDITION
AMD FX8350 CPU
MSI KRAIT MOTHERBOARD (970a SLI Krait Edition)
EVGA 500 WATT POWER SUPPLY
16 GBS OF CORSAIR RAM
1 TB WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE
WIFI CARD
SILVERSTONE GD09B CASE

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

This adds up to nearly $900 CAD. Should I get it?

Not worth it for an FX based system imo.

Also youve put the wrong PCP link.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

No, that's not a very good deal. 

The CPU is FX, so it's no good, the motherboard is known to blow up, the PSU might be absolute crap (N1), and no SSD. 

If you can get the price down to ~$500, it would be good

:)

6 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Not worth it for an FX based system imo.

Also youve put the wrong PCP link.

My bad.

7 minutes ago, PJNess said:

Ok I'll try to bring it down in price.

I would only buy at ~$500-600 CAD

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

33 minutes ago, PJNess said:

I found a $700 CAD gaming pc on letgo and it seems to be a pretty good deal, even if I don't use it and only take the parts that I want. I could even negotiate the price down and here is what's in it: 

EVGA GTX 970 4GB EDITION
AMD FX8350 CPU
MSI KRAIT MOTHERBOARD (970a SLI Krait Edition)
EVGA 500 WATT POWER SUPPLY
16 GBS OF CORSAIR RAM
1 TB WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE
WIFI CARD
SILVERSTONE GD09B CASE

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

This adds up to nearly $900 CAD. Should I get it?

That system can't really be upgraded, it's not worth it. Maybe if you can get it cheap enough you could keep everything else but the CPU and Mobo and build a system off of the parts you salvaged.

1 hour ago, Encrypt said:

That system can't really be upgraded, it's not worth it. Maybe if you can get it cheap enough you could keep everything else but the CPU and Mobo and build a system off of the parts you salvaged.

Ok. How cheap would make it worth it?

41 minutes ago, PJNess said:

Ok. How cheap would make it worth it?

As a general rule of thumb, I would recommend looking up how much a certain part of the computer would cost second hand, and how much you are willing to pay for the part. Then compile the list. Once you have the list of the part, I generally subtract 20% and throw that in as an offer for the computer, if you think they will take lower then offer lower.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK