A8-9600 for CPU tasks.

Hello there, I am currently planning a new PC build on a budget and have seen the a8-9600 is a good price for it's specs as a CPU. I currently can not afford a dedicated graphics card and needs a CPU with decent graphical capabilities.  So I ask, is the a8-9600 worth using for CPU tasks?  I see that it also runs off the same chipset as the Ryzen series which I plan to later upgrade to.  (here is the current PC part picker plan: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Mn4yf)

Please help.

That should do fine if you're on a budget, I actually picked an APU for my first build because I didn't have a budget for a dGPU. And it'll help even to just get you on the AM4 platform for you to upgrade on in the future.

tl;dr: I would pick it if I was in your position. It should be fine for CPU tasks, but probably not as good as Ryzen.

P.S.

I love that profile picture :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That should do fine if you're on a budget, I actually picked an APU for my first build because I didn't have a budget for a dGPU. And it'll help even to just get you on the AM4 platform for you to upgrade on in the future.

tl;dr: I would pick it if I was in your position. It should be fine for CPU tasks, but probably not as good as Ryzen.

P.S.

I love that profile picture :D

OK that helps a lot thanks,  and I like your profile picture too ?.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, CUDA_Cores said:

Under most circumstances I would say no. But in this case I think it's okay because you are building on an AM4 platform and could upgrade to ryzen at any time. 

Thank for the help, I really apreciate it. ?