Infineon TPM Professional package

ThorSaysWeJack

Hi guys my windows 10 has and update but it failed and said I need to uninstall infineon tpm professional package

I tried looking for the program in control panel > uninstall programs and I couldnt find it. 

I did how ever found a folder for infineon but its only a set up folder and I think its not installed it just came along with the rest of the drivers my friend passed me 

Should I just delete the folder directly? 

which device and more specific info pls. This sounds like a work thing?? I only know TPM as trusted platform module. Sounds like you don't have persmission to updat the machine or something (or maybe a shady update file ... idk)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

its the windows 10 update 

its telling me before i can proceed i need to remove it 

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I had to delete a folder with the TPM software installer in it (C:\drivers\TPM) for Windows to update.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:20 AM, ThorSaysWeJack said:

Hi guys my windows 10 has and update but it failed and said I need to uninstall infineon tpm professional package

I tried looking for the program in control panel > uninstall programs and I couldnt find it. 

I did how ever found a folder for infineon but its only a set up folder and I think its not installed it just came along with the rest of the drivers my friend passed me 

Should I just delete the folder directly? 

go into sservices and disable TPM platform (or device manager) 

update

reenable TPM

• 2 months later...

I'd say Windows 8.1 since it's supported through early 2023 and has even better power management than Windows 7, and not as heavy as W10.:)

This is obvious, because AV/AM scans takes a lot longer on W10 than either 8.1 or 7, plus uses more resources overall due to all of the things that can't be turned off or disabled w/out a lot of effort. Newegg & Amazon still have 8.1 licenses for both Pro & Home available, only Pro for 7. 

If a license isn't already owned, than the one for 8.1 also provides a lot of return on investment, as W7 reaches EOL in less than two years. However, in a larger scale than XP ever was, Microsoft will have one heck of a problem getting all of the users who said a large 'NO' to the 'free' upgrade in 2015 onto W10. What'll probably happen (like XP did until EOL of Vista), software will continue to support Windows 7 through EOL of 8.1, then the hammer will fall on both. 

Still, nearly 5 years of support is far better than two, that is, if a license isn't owned. I grabbed both of mine when the initial $40 Windows 8 Pro with bonus Media Center key was released in 2012 (one qualified for $15, as I had just purchased a new notebook), so for $55 sure have got my money's worth.:P

Cat

• 1 month later...

Delete the Infineon folder! Problem solved.