Floatplane Downloader & Plex [With Code & Guide]

Go to solution Solved by Inrix,

Version 5.13.0 - SPEED, Fixes & Metrics (GitHub)

I am still alive just on holiday :) I'll be pushing a bunch of updates when I get back in roughly a week. 

I get reception out here so here is a nice photo with a friend for scale. 20171127_231149.thumb.jpg.9d73ea840a47c642e69c702bd8c86468.jpg

Burned down now though. Cya in a week o/

20171127_233432.thumb.jpg.05b399b2c4b8646df5f064578cb9f3f3.jpg

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0 Release

@jt999 @tjcater

Version 2.0 is now out! And with a lot of fixes and a new settings.js file...

This was a large change to how cookies and other variables are dealt with. All the stuff that you would probably want to change is now contained within a settings.js file, with the exception of the settings for channels which is still contained within the main script. 

This should let you do future updates without needing to change your cookies and other settings. I will say in a update if you need to update your settings.js file but otherwise you can just overwrite the main script and run "npm update" to be immediately updated.

Changelog
- Settings are now contained in a seperate file to make updating easier
- Compressed required cookies down to a single line
- Ability to set video folder in settings
- Ability to set max videos in settings
- Ability to set what channels to download in settings
- Fix for ffmpeg not downloading
- Support for channel super fun
- Created a package.json file for easy updates
- Added changelog.txt

PS: Thanks to @SeanCorrgs for telling me about some errors <3. 

Install Guide

For everyone installing this or updating I suggest doing a completely Fresh Install.

Installing the Script & Downloading
Setting up Plex

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

Nice work, this should be pinned to the top in this subforum ;)

For me it's moaning about line 70 character 4 of scrape.js, not sure why!

36 minutes ago, jt999 said:

For me it's moaning about line 70 character 4 of scrape.js, not sure why!

Ignore that, I'd forgotten the npm install (I am doing it in a different directory for testing). All seems to be working now, I like the folder separation between videos now too, nice work! I'm amazed more floatplane users haven't commented on this yet!

7 hours ago, jt999 said:

-Snip-

Thanks, also please do tell me if you and @tjcater think that the script is having issues with cookies more often now than it did before. (Where you have to open a floatplane form in a browser and then run it for it to work). I changed some cookies stuff and its all been working fine but I feel that maybe in doing so its missing something for longer term login stuff.

On another note, I do plan to do a addon in the future that allows you to have it running 24/7 on a computer and watch the discord notifications so it instantly downloads the video, do tell me if your interested. Other than that if you have any cool feature ideas/requests I'm all ears.

There are still a few little bugs I want to sort out and other features I want to add but its coming along very nicely.

- I

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

1 hour ago, Inrix said:

Thanks, also please do tell me if you and @tjcater think that the script is having issues with cookies more often now than it did before. (Where you have to open a floatplane form in a browser and then run it for it to work). I changed some cookies stuff and its all been working fine but I feel that maybe in doing so its missing something for longer term login stuff.

On another note, I do plan to do a addon in the future that allows you to have it running 24/7 on a computer and watch the discord notifications so it instantly downloads the video, do tell me if your interested. Other than that if you have any cool feature ideas/requests I'm all ears.

There are still a few little bugs I want to sort out and other features I want to add but its coming along very nicely.

- I

So far I haven't noticed any issues and the Discord notification sounds neat. My only concern for that would be if it handles delayed uploads well or not (Or in the case that multiple videos are added over time to the same page such as when Linus did semi-daily vlogs.) I will try to test it and look at the source code later to see if my concerns would be valid or not.

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

So far I haven't noticed any issues and the Discord notification sounds neat. My only concern for that would be if it handles delayed uploads well or not (Or in the case that multiple videos are added over time to the same page such as when Linus did semi-daily vlogs.) I will try to test it and look at the source code later to see if my concerns would be valid or not.

What do you mean by delayed uploads? 

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Just now, Inrix said:

What do you mean by delayed uploads? 

Say they post the video post, but not the video. (Happens very rarely afaik)

Just now, tjcater said:

Say they post the video post, but not the video. (Happens very rarely afaik)

If a video dosnt exist then the script won't run on it. But the next time the script runs and it does exist it will download it. However that could cause the script to miss the video if it was only triggered by the discord notifications as it would get the first notification do nothing because the video isn't there yet and then it would likely wait till the user runs it or another notification comes though at which time it would get the video if it then exists. A easy option around this would be to have the scrip run hourly or something alongside when notifications go out. 

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Just now, Inrix said:

If a video dosnt exist then the script won't run on it. But the next time the script runs and it does exist it will download it. However that could cause the script to miss the video if it was only triggered by the discord notifications as it would get the first notification do nothing because the video isn't there yet and then it would likely wait till the user runs it or another notification comes though at which time it would get the video if it then exists. A easy option around this would be to have the scrip run hourly or something alongside when notifications go out. 

Thanks, that's good to know :) Yah, the hourly approach does seem like a more reliable (and simpler) method, and users could easily change the frequency if they so desired. (Of course they would have to edit it, but its pretty simple in my eyes)

6 hours ago, tjcater said:

Thanks, that's good to know :) Yah, the hourly approach does seem like a more reliable (and simpler) method, and users could easily change the frequency if they so desired. (Of course they would have to edit it, but its pretty simple in my eyes)

If you want it to run hourly you can easily setup that in windows task scheduler. I just have mine run at startup and then manually run it if they release one during the day. But most releases are early in the morning for me. 

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

On 11/27/2017 at 4:36 AM, Inrix said:

20171127_231149.thumb.jpg.9d73ea840a47c642e69c702bd8c86468.jpg

Nice little fire.

nice plex script!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

11 hours ago, Inrix said:

- I

I'll keep an eye on the cookie thing, thanks - I never actually had an issue with the cookies previously so I wonder if I will at all now (I noticed you didn't need as much of the cookie this time).

At the moment I have a scheduled task to run the batch file, it would be cool to have it run a different way but to be honest it's not a huge deal for me personally - the PC is on regardless so a scheduled task isn't exactly a problem :)

So far it's worked flawlessly (I did run into issues with ffmpeg not naming all the files, but that was due to my Stablebit Drivepool having the files locked, moving it all to a different drive fixed the issue, and not your scripts fault!), and improved massively on the v1 script, thanks so much for your hard work @Inrix

Just a side note, I have updated the info on automagically refreshing the plex metadata after the videos are downloaded as the command line argument for it was wrong.

If you want plex to update after downloading new videos you can add this code to the bottom of the Floatplane.bat file.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Scanner.exe" --scan --refresh --force --section 20

You need to replace the -section 10 with the section your Floatplane videos are in for plex. You can find what

section Floatplane is by using the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Scanner.exe" --list 

in a console.

EDIT: The info also now has colourrs :)

EDIT2: I also just updated all the display images to reflect the new channels and episodes that exist now.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

My suspicions have been confirmed! This morning I booted up and tried to download before opening the LTT forms in my browser... Didnt work, but using the old cookies did. What this means is that I'm fairly sure it requires one of the other cookies to refresh your session after a while. Im just going to wait for my session to expire again and then test one by one to try and figure out which cookie this is specifically, or if its multiple. It will be put out in a fix along with some new features in version 2.1.1 likely.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Ok. The fix is out for it now on the github if you want to update your settings.js with the proper cookies.

Or you can wait till the new release which will probably happen in the next few days :)

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Thanks, mine has been running perfect so far but will update when I get a chance!

Version 3.0 (GitHub)

Version 3.0 is now out! Containing Autologin and a bunch of changes/updates to cookies and other stuff!

This was a pretty big change to how cookies are dealt with. So if you run into any issues please do message me on my GitHub, the LTT Forms or Discord. Thanks :)

You can now login directly through the script! Thanks to @vikduf who pushed the base code for it re #1.

All settings are now contained within a settings.json file instead of the settings.js file. This allows the script to read and write to it instead of just reading like it was doing before.

It also allows for the script to automatically update your session and login information if you give it a Username/Email and Password. And removes the need for you to manually find your cookies on the first setup!

Changelog

- Changed settings to use a json file so they can be saved
- Removed the need to manually get cookies
- Added cli with prompts to use a Username/Email & Password to login
- Added full support for using different qualities
- Cleaned up obsolete code

Install Guide

If your updating your going to have to do a clean(ish) install.
Just overwrite everything in your current folder with the files in the v3.0.zip

Make sure to do "npm install" to update new packages.

You can copy over some settings from the old settings.js file to the new settings.json file if you want to keep stuff like your video directory, there is more info on the new settings.json file here: Settings Info
After that you can delete the settings.js file as its no longer used.

You don't need to move over your cookies you can just run the script and login using a username/email and password. If you use 2Factor or another method to login then you will need to just copy your cookies over or manually set them as explained in the guide below.

For people who are doing a fresh install just follow the below guides:

Setting up Plex

v3.0.zip

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

7 hours ago, Inrix said:

Version 3.0 (GitHub)

Version 3.0 is now out! Containing Autologin and a bunch of changes/updates to cookies and other stuff!

This was a pretty big change to how cookies are dealt with. So if you run into any issues please do message me on my GitHub, the LTT Forms or Discord. Thanks :)

You can now login directly through the script! Thanks to @vikduf who pushed the base code for it re #1.

All settings are now contained within a settings.json file instead of the settings.js file. This allows the script to read and write to it instead of just reading like it was doing before.

It also allows for the script to automatically update your session and login information if you give it a Username/Email and Password. And removes the need for you to manually find your cookies on the first setup!

Changelog

- Changed settings to use a json file so they can be saved
- Removed the need to manually get cookies
- Added cli with prompts to use a Username/Email & Password to login
- Added full support for using different qualities
- Cleaned up obsolete code

Install Guide

If your updating your going to have to do a clean(ish) install.
Just overwrite everything in your current folder with the files in the v3.0.zip

You can copy over some settings from the old settings.js file to the new settings.json file if you want to keep stuff like your video directory, there is more info on the new settings.json file here: Settings Info
After that you can delete the settings.js file as its no longer used.

You don't need to move over your cookies you can just run the script and login using a username/email and password. If you use 2Factor or another method to login then you will need to just copy your cookies over or manually set them as explained in the guide below.

For people who are doing a fresh install just follow the below guides:

Setting up Plex

v3.0.zip

Works well, I did have to run an npm install again though even though I just pasted the files straight over the old ones. Thanks for updating! :)

Version 3.0.1 Hotfix (GitHub)

This is a hotfix for those who have already installed v3.0. If you haven't done that yet then just go and install it directly as that has been updated.

Changelog
- Fixes invalid session key

Install Guide

Overwrite your script.js file with the one contained in the hotfix.

v3.0.1 Hotfix.zip

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Just a note that session stuff is still a bit buggy after the 3.0.1 update... Ill be working on a fix today hopefully, for now if you run into issues delete your cookies in the settings and have it regain them using your login.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Is it worth trying the 3.0.1? I've hit the invalid session key thing :)