Floatplane Downloader & Plex [With Code & Guide]

Go to solution Solved by Inrix,

Version 5.13.0 - SPEED, Fixes & Metrics (GitHub)

Sorry for being a bit inactive lately, been busy with uni... If you have any issues with the script then please just contact me here or on discord :)

Im hoping to push out a update in a few weeks with some big changes and fixes but I'm very uncertain on a ETA atm... If you have any cool idea's or suggestions on what you would like to see in the next release do message me though, Im always open to adding extra features.

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

• 1 month later...

Version 3.7.1 - Minor tweaks & fixes (GitHub)

Release 3.7.1.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

This release only really has a few small things added over 3.7.0 which was the latest big release. Minor tweaks and fixes mostly.

Install Guide

If your updating then just download the Update.zip extract it to your install folder and run it. It will automagically update all the needed files and move your settings over.I suggest double checking that everything is correctly updated in the settings.json though it should move your old settings over properly.

For people who are doing a fresh install just follow the below guides:

As always if you run into any issues you are free to Create a issue here, Contact me on Discord @sirInrix | <3#6950 or Leave a comment on the LTT form post

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

Version 3.8.2 - New Plex Settings, Tweaks & Fixes (GitHub)

Release 3.8.2.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

This release adds the ability for you to remotely update a plex server if plex is not installed on the same machine the script is on. It also simplifies the input of some settings and changes how plex updates are done. If you were using the plex update feature before then all you need to do is set localPlex to true and the script should function as normal.

There are also some important fixes to the install and update scripts mainly fixing issues with fresh installs.

Changelog

v3.8.2

• Commented new code
  • Enabled new refresh settings
  • Fixed update and install script dependency issues
  • Update and install scripts now delete themselves on completion
  • Tweaked the way both run slightly

v3.8.1

• Added remote plex server support
  • Added plexToken setting
  • Added remotePlex setting
  • Added remotePlexIP setting
  • Added remotePlexPort setting
  • Added localPlex setting
  • Changed plex update settings to be based off remotePlex and localPlex being true
  • Changed plexSection default to 0
  • Added prompt for some settings inscript
  • Updated update.js for new settings
  • Added beta option in update.js

Install Guide

If your updating then just download the Update.zip extract it to your install folder and run it. It will automagically update all the needed files and move your settings over.I suggest double checking that everything is correctly updated in the settings.json though it should move your old settings over properly.

As always if you run into any issues you are free to Create a issue here, Contact me on Discord @sirInrix | <3#6950 or Leave a comment on the LTT form post

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Just noting that some Floatplane Exclusives are not being correctly formatted due to LTT switching up how they are doing the naming. Im planning on rewriting the code dealing with tagging videos anyway so this should get fixed next release. This can also apply to videos that are not prefixed as the script wont give them a episode number and will sort then into the first folder it can match them to. These issues are only really plex related.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Version 3.8.3 - HotFix - Fixes & TechLinked Support (GitHub)

Release 3.8.3.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

This is a HotFix for adding support for TechLinked. It also contains some fixes that were finished and ready for the next release. TechLinked support is mainly for plex, 3.8.2 can download the videos fine, it just does not have the ability to sort them into its own folder for plex.

I also created a banner for TechLinked for plex too which is under the videos/artwork alongside the others.

Changelog

v3.8.3

• Set default user-agent to identify script
  • Added support for TechLinked
  • Fixed issue with Floatplane Exclusive video sorting
  • Added TechLinked artwork

Install Guide

If your updating then just download the Update.zip extract it to your install folder and run it. It will automagically update all the needed files and move your settings over.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

So they changed the naming for TechLinked to TL today... Here is a updated float.js file which will sort TechLinked correctly again:

float.js

Just replace your one with the one above.

I'll update 3.8.3 with it later for people doing new installs later today.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Epic, just epic! Hats off for you, sir

Edit:Hmm, have i done something wrong?

fail.png

Edit2: okei, so my jbod is on a windows storage disk, guess that does something with it, cus it handles just fine on any other disks

Edit3: why does download the same file over and over again?

fail2.png

4 hours ago, Malixk said:

Epic, just epic! Hats off for you, sir

Edit:Hmm, have i done something wrong?

fail.png

Edit2: okei, so my jbod is on a windows storage disk, guess that does something with it, cus it handles just fine on any other disks

Edit3: why does download the same file over and over again?

fail2.png

It usually doesn't, there appears to be an issue with it recognising that certain video - I have same problem and am not home to stop the downloads lol

On 5/18/2018 at 2:07 AM, jt999 said:

-Snip-

On 5/17/2018 at 9:34 PM, Malixk said:

-Snip-

Yes some videos can have issues if not named properly, though I have gotten the script to a point where this doesn't happen often.

Also sorry for not replying sooner, the form decided that email notifications were turned off for me for some reason so I didn't notice your comment. Thats been fixed :)

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Is support for Tech Deals content planned?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Would you be willing to make it open source? Cos currently your code is available but it's under regular Copyright and so isn't OSS. I wasn't sure if your intention was to make it OSS or not.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

23 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is support for Tech Deals content planned?

Tech linked is already supported and was added in update 3.8.3.

Edit* Just realised I misread your comment. It's something that I can add but haven't yet due to noone requesting it. If Tech Deals exists on the form then adding it would be as simple as me buying a one month subscription for them or getting you to give me a screenshot of what the form index for it looks like along with the url for said index. The script is designed to easily add in channels in that regard. 

If it's not in the form then it will have to wait for the 4.0 update which is bringing support for the new site and some large rewrites into how things work. 

23 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Would you be willing to make it open source? Cos currently your code is available but it's under regular Copyright and so isn't OSS. I wasn't sure if your intention was to make it OSS or not.

Where does it say copyright? All the code is avalible on my github, you are welcome to add to it if you want or collaborate. I'm happy for people to use my code as long as they credit me if it's anything significant. 

Speaking of updates. I'll be adding support for the new website soon, but it will likely take some time as I will be rewriting a large portion of the login and organisational code. But that is a ways off. 

If you have any other questions I'm always happy to answer. Though LTT emails me infrequently so message me on discord if you want a quick reply or want to discuss something. 

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

41 minutes ago, Inrix said:

Tech linked is already supported and was added in update 3.8.3.

Edit* Just realised I misread your comment. It's something that I can add but haven't yet due to noone requesting it. If Tech Deals exists on the form then adding it would be as simple as me buying a one month subscription for them or getting you to give me a screenshot of what the form index for it looks like along with the url for said index. The script is designed to easily add in channels in that regard. 

If it's not in the form then it will have to wait for the 4.0 update which is bringing support for the new site and some large rewrites into how things work. 

It's not on the forum.

41 minutes ago, Inrix said:

Where does it say copyright? All the code is avalible on my github, you are welcome to add to it if you want or collaborate. I'm happy for people to use my code as long as they credit me if it's anything significant. 

Unless the code is specifically under an open source license it's still protected under copyright law and copying the code for any reason in something else would be viewed just like copying an entire book but putting a different title on it.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:48 AM, AluminiumTech said:

It's not on the forum.

Unless the code is specifically under an open source license it's still protected under copyright law and copying the code for any reason in something else would be viewed just like copying an entire book but putting a different title on it.

It will get support when I finish version 4.0 then, though that is a very large update and I am currently having exams so It will likely take some time before it gets released.

Also regarding the open source thing. Its a public repository which basically means open source, so anyone can fork and contribute back their modifications and view the code publically. As for directly copying it I don't really see a use that you could use it for outside of floatplane, unless you rewrote most of it at which point it wouldn't really be copying. Outside of that what were you interested in it for?

*Also sorry for the long TTR have been busy with this semester finishing

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.0.0 - Floatplane.com Update, Fixes & More colours (GitHub)

Release 4.0.0.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

This release has some new settings which are covered in the Settings Guide.

This update completely rewrites a large majority of the core code for the script to use the new Floatplane.com site and its API. I heavily suggest doing a fresh install, your old videos should still work fine with this version so you don't need to redownload them.

To use the script from now on you have to be using a Floatplane.com account! Don't worry LinusTechTips.com form users though, you can create a new Floatplane account and then link your form account. For more info on how to do this go read the Installing the Script & Downloading guide.

Video category matching should be much better now that I am using the api, while Floatplane.com does not sort the videos directly into say Techquickie and TechLinked, it's much easier to do with access to the api.

A short summary of Changes:

• Changed login and authentication to use the new Floatplane.com Site. Read above for more info!
  • Large rewrites to core code to  use the Floatplane.com API.
  • Added more posters.
  • Added support for new Floatplane.com creators without needing new updates.
  • Rewrote all the detection code for organisation. Should be much much better now.
  • Added more sexy colours.
  • Removed youtube support.

Changelog

v4.0.0

• Updated cookies for normal login
  • Added login functionality for Floatplane.com
  • Removed support for direct linustechtips.com use. Link your form account through Floatplane.com
  • Removed forceLogin option
  • Updated cookies in settings.json to use Floatplane.com values
  • Removed csrfKey from settings.json
  • Removed useFloatplane from settings.json
  • Removed useBitWit from settings.json
  • Added subscriptions in settings.json
  • Removed maxPages from settings.json
  • Updated maxVideos to work with any number
  • Updated posters
  • Rewrote subChannel detection code
  • Removed subChannelIgnore from settings.json
  • Updated episode counting
  • Added MOAR colours
  • Removed youtube support (For videos on the form that were from youtube)
  • Checked support for other Floatplane Creators
  • Fixed spacing for downloading videos
  • Updated printouts for downloads
  • Updated ffmpeg error printouts
  • Added checkForNewSubscriptions in settings.json
  • Added Tech Deals artwork

Install Guide

I heavily suggest doing a clean install for this version.

If your updating then just download the Update.zip extract it to your install folder and run it. It will automagically update all the needed files and move your settings over.I suggest double checking that everything is correctly updated in the settings.json though it should move your old settings over properly.

As always if you run into any issues you are free to Create a issue here, Contact me on Discord @sirInrix | <3#6950 or Leave a comment on the LTT form post

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

@AluminiumTech Floatplane.com is now fully supported! I have also subbed to BitWit and TechDeals for a month to make sure they are all working fine with the latest version which they are.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

@Inrix I get the following error in v4

E:\Scripts\FloatplaneDownloader\float.js:35
                throw err
                ^

TypeError: JSON.parse(...).forEach is not a function
    at Request._callback (E:\Scripts\FloatplaneDownloader\float.js:346:22)
    at Request.self.callback (E:\Scripts\FloatplaneDownloader\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:160:13)
    at Request.<anonymous> (E:\Scripts\FloatplaneDownloader\node_modules\request\request.js:1157:10)
    at Request.emit (events.js:160:13)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (E:\Scripts\FloatplaneDownloader\node_modules\request\request.js:1079:12)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:255:19)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:165:20)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1101:12)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:152:19)

Actually I think I might have put in the wrong password, working now :)

18 hours ago, jt999 said:

Actually I think I might have put in the wrong password, working now :)

Yep. That error is invalid credentials. I forgot to update the error handling to look nice as I thought it wouldn't need to be changed much. Gonna do that in a but and just push out a silent update for it to 4.0.0

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

So I can confirm that v4.0.0 isnt properly detecting when you arent signed in and resigning you with your credentials. I can also confirm that you will need to probably leave them and not used the cookies method as unlike the form they do seem to expire. I will be working on a update to fix login detection soon.

For now you can just make the two cookies in settings.json look like this and re-run to log back in:

cookies:

{

"__cfduid": "",
"sails.sid": ""

}

This is now fixed! v4.0.1 now has invalid login's being correctly handled again.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

If you didn't redownload videos after updating to v4.0.0 new episodes will be incorrectly numbered as now numbering is done from E0 instead of E1. To fix this just have a video that his numbered E0 in the folder.

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Episode ordering appears that it might be in reverse as well. I'll get that fixed too. If anyone else finds issues with 4.0.0 please do note them here so I can fix them.

Fixed as of v4.0.1

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Version 4.0.1_HotFix - Invalid Login Check & Episode Ordering Fixes (GitHub)

Release 4.0.1.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

This is just a HotFix for 4.0.0. If you are updating from version 3.0 then it is recommended you read the 4.0.0 release notes.

Changelog

v4.0.1
 - Fixed video's to be in the correct order when downloading
 - Fixed invalidLogin's not being handled with the new API

Install Guide

If your updating then just download the Update.zip extract it to your install folder and run it. It will automagically update all the needed files and move your settings over.I suggest double checking that everything is correctly updated in the settings.json though it should move your old settings over properly.

As always if you run into any issues you are free to Create a issue here, Contact me on Discord @sirInrix | <3#6950 or Leave a comment on the LTT form post

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

Version 4.0.3_HotFix - Latest Downloads, Matching and Update Fixes (GitHub)

Release 4.0.3.zip

Install.zip

Update.zip

Now that the Floatplane.com site is back to having videos posted Ive been able to identify a few issues. The fix for ordering in 4.0.1 broke maxVideos so this fixes that. This is important as without this fix if you use maxVideos lower than 20 you will not download the latest videos. This also has some other fixes for matching etc.

Changelog

v4.0.3
- Fixed maxVideos not working correctly due to ordering update in 4.0.1
- Fixed matching for some subChannels not properly ignoring case
- Fixed update script to properly move new settings for 4.0.0

v4.0.2
 - Fixed subscription fetching due to API update

Install Guide

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~

*The latest release might have a bug with larger maxVideo numbers. It was a quick release since the script was dysfunctional for downloading the latest ones. Im super tired so I might have missed something. I'll be double checking everything and ensuring it works later. for now o/

~ Main Rig ~

~ Accessories ~

~ Servers ~