0xc0000229

Turkmonkie

Help! Help!

ive just spent the last 13 hours trying to fix this damm error that keeps popping up every time I reboot my new build and wondering if anyone can help. 

Spec:

Ryzan 3 1300x

Asus Prime B350-plus

GTX 960

Installed windows 10 with some trouble shooting then eventually worked, went to restart then

B1Initiaiizelibrary failed 0xc0000229 keeps coming up. after restarting 4-5 time windows boots up but tells me theres a fault starting windows (229) and that it needs fixing. It allows me to use windows when I’m in it but after a restart same issue. 

6EB1C31E-8CCC-497F-BCE8-8910660811C8.jpeg

AA062DDA-80A7-4329-8E34-8E19E1250E37.jpeg

E2551F24-A29A-4A89-9997-21BD0AFAE331.jpeg

519B2366-615E-435E-838D-ABAB1BCD48D8.jpeg

What "trouble shooting" did you do and why did you have to do it?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It looks like that is a problem booting windows because it can not access all the needed files.  It could be inconveniently corrupted files or sectors on the hard drive, something got moved or deleted, etc.  If you can use repair options or safe-boot try that, or get a fresh ISO to fix or reinstall the os

Hi all really appreciate your help on this.

It’s takes about 4 to 5 attempts for Windows boot up without having this error accour. Windows picks up the and starts doing self diagnosing which advises  that I need a repair tool to fix the problem which I’m not sure where to find. 

Ive managed to clean reinstall Windows about 3 times and the same issue occurs.

I’ve even hard reset the Asus mother board to make sure the Bios setting that I’ve changed are not the issue.

i downloaded windows from the Microsoft website and purchased the key online, could this be a issue? 

The only option I can think of is the suggested reinstall OS but how do I completely remove the OS from the SDD to start over? 

Thanks again 

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

Hi Enderman 

after downloading windows 10 to USB stick Bios would not choose boot option from the stick to start the process, this took many restarts to work. 

7 hours ago, Turkmonkie said:

Hi Enderman 

after downloading windows 10 to USB stick Bios would not choose boot option from the stick to start the process, this took many restarts to work. 

Uh, how did you "download windows 10 to the USB"?

Are you talking about running the media creation tool?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020