The Newby's New Build. :-)

Chuck Comet

Well... this is what I've done so far after spending HOURS (literally days, if you count them) on Pc Part Picker.  I now have the case, the CPU and the MOBO. I have plans for the CPU cooler and fans. The rest is still up in the air, as my budget develops and my ideas form and dissipate and form again. 

Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz

MOBO: MSI Z270 M-Power Gaming Titanium

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 

Case Fans: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm

Memory: (unknown... either 32GB or 64GB, either 2x16 or 4x8 or 2x32 or 4x16... not into RGB or LED)

Storage: Western Digital M.2-2280 256GB SSD x 2 (RAID 0 set-up), Western Digital 1TB M.2-2280 SSD (for games)

Video Card: (unknown... 1080ti? 1070ti? 1070? SLI? Dare I even think about Titan?)

All the rest will be predicated on the last five... I don't have a top end budget figure, but I'm not rich so I will have to accept less than I would like, but not by much :-)

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Chuck Comet said:

Well... this is what I've done so far after spending HOURS (literally days, if you count them) on Pc Part Picker.  I now have the case, the CPU and the MOBO. I have plans for the CPU cooler and fans. The rest is still up in the air, as my budget develops and my ideas form and dissipate and form again. 

Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz

MOBO: MSI Z270 M-Power Gaming Titanium

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 

Case Fans: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm

Memory: (unknown... either 32GB or 64GB, either 2x16 or 4x8 or 2x32 or 4x16... not into RGB or LED)

Storage: Western Digital M.2-2280 256GB SSD x 2 (RAID 0 set-up), Western Digital 1TB M.2-2280 SSD (for games)

Video Card: (unknown... 1080ti? 1070ti? 1070? SLI? Dare I even think about Titan?)

All the rest will be predicated on the last five... I don't have a top end budget figure, but I'm not rich so I will have to accept less than I would like, but not by much :-)

Any suggestions?

Have you bought the cpu and mobo

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

What will you do with the PC, what's the budget, and in which country do you live?

:)

2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Have you bought the cpu and mobo

Yep. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

What will you do with the PC, what's the budget, and in which country do you live?

It is a replacement of our dying crappy Gateway pre-fab. It will game, control home automation and security, house home theater and media streaming operations and that's about it... no video editing or heavy multi-thread operation stuff (with the exception of any new games that optimize for that). I'm in the U.S.