[20€ Reward!] PC using too much RAM + very poor performance. Why?

I'm completely desperate trying to fix the weird problems I've run into on my machine lately. It started with very major FPS problems when I was playing PUBG, where I was getting 7-10 FPS on any graphics setting instead of my usual ~70 FPS on high settings. As long as this problem isn't fixed, my computer is basically useless as a gaming machine, and even though I think I'm relatively tech savvy I can not figure out what's wrong. Any help or input on this is very much appreciated! :(

To diagnose my problem I naturally opened task manager, where I noticed something else that seemed strange to me. Look at the screenshot I attached to the post (it's German, but you get the idea). Clearly, the RAM usage of all processes running is not adding up to 24% of my RAM, which would be 16GB x 24% = 3.8GB.

Evidence.JPG.671c717a94e03cfb99d21e16068ba363.JPG

I know that RAM usage shouldn't cause bad performance, as RAM is there to be used and only really causes trouble once all RAM is being used. I get that. However, maybe both my performance problems and this weird memory issue are caused by the same underlying problem, which I haven't been able to track down. I also tried other RAM monitoring tools by the way, but none of them really show anything more than task manager.

I've tried many things. Reinstalling drivers, doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my other SSD, running several different antivirus programs, turning of startup programs, uninstalling unnecessary software ... and I'm really at my wits end.

As far as I know, it really can't be a hardware issue, since these issues are usually "it works as it should or it doesn't work at all" kind of issues. 

It also can't really be a software problem, since I've done a clean install of windows. 

What could possibly be wrong with my PC? The thing is, the performance issues are also noticeable outside of games, e.g. when opening programs, it takes a longer time than it should on this system. I can't just go out and replace hardware parts at random...

Does anyone have an idea what else I could try?

My system:

i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz

NVIDEA GeForce GTX 970

16GB RAM DDR4-2666MHz

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (System)

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB

Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB

If you really want to see all your ram usage use Resource Monitor not Task Manager. I have 32GB and I get the same thing its just windows... https://gyazo.com/b1235153d07e76c903ee076940b69058 (Note im using 10GB but theres not really obviously 10GB used in that pic)

And even at 24% usage idle you wouldn't encounter any issues In games. At least ram related.

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

I thought the same thing, this can’t really be responsible for the poor performance.

Then what else could it possibly be? I‘m willing to give 20€ to the person that helps me fix this, via PayPal, if that’s what’s necessary.

Can you give a screenshot of the "Leistung" part. The performance.. where it shows the disk usage.

This is a couple of minutes after a restart, without anything opened other than task manager and the snipping tool.

More Evidence.JPG

It may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway but did you disabled the onboard graphic settings?