connections?

maddogl
Go to solution Solved by Mooshi,

Not sure about any adapters, but if I did such a thing with my rig and needed the fans to work, I'd use a Y splitter and either plug that into the motherboard or connect it to a fan controller.

if you get an aftermarket cooler for your gpu it it comes with a fan with a connector that will fit only in a graphics card and not a motherboard one of my main questions is are there adapters as i have seen people using the "proligmatech mk-26" with corsair 120 sp fans how would these connect to the card? 

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

Not sure about any adapters, but if I did such a thing with my rig and needed the fans to work, I'd use a Y splitter and either plug that into the motherboard or connect it to a fan controller.

You looked at this, didn't you?

6bead3fe__dsc1191jip6d.jpeg

Link to the topic? I can't find the topic on OC.net.. heh

Also, just get a Moxel adapter(s) to power your fans.

Or a fan controller, but I don't know how much these cost..

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

Link to the topic? I can't find the topic on OC.net.. heh

Also, just get a Moxel adapter(s) to power your fans.

Or a fan controller, but I don't know how much these cost..

Oh right, forgot about using molex as another possible means of powering the chip!

As for the topic, I found this on google image search after looking up the cooling solution and noticed the SP fans. Kinda curious myself about this solution in greater detail.

Oh right, forgot about using molex as another possible means of powering the chip!

As for the topic, I found this on google image search after looking up the cooling solution and noticed the SP fans. Kinda curious myself about this solution in greater detail.

Ah yes, I see, I've found the topic:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1375229/asus-gtx-670-dcu-ii-with-prolimatech-mk-26

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

if you get an aftermarket cooler for your gpu it it comes with a fan with a connector that will fit only in a graphics card and not a motherboard one of my main questions is are there adapters as i have seen people using the "proligmatech mk-26" with corsair 120 sp fans how would these connect to the card? 

You can find VGA to pwm adapters.

Is this the right plug? http://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Cooling-Connector-Adapter-Conversion/dp/B005ZKZEQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386533935&sr=8-1&keywords=pwm+vga+adapter