Intel optane + samsung 960 evo + 1 TB HDD issue

Go to solution Solved by wolf1438,

Hmm i think i found the problem. I was migrating OS drive from SSD to Samsung NVME and it migrated with settings on Legacy mode. Intel optane supports only UEFI. When i disable CSM in bios, i cant see drives, so my only option is format and reinstall whole system.

Edit: I found on intel support site, PCie nvme drives are not supported. Also using intel optane only for secondary data drive is not possible. So i have to skip my Samsung 960 evo with intel optane testing and Install it straight to my secondary HDD boot system.

Hi,

i am trying to install intel optane memory on my PC build, but when i try to install optane driver i got message: your BIOS does not support intel optane.

My build: 

asus ROG STRIX Z270F

intel core i7-7700K

intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2

Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB

WD blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

MOBO runs with latest 1009 BIOS update

Samsung 960 EVO is installed on first PCIe M.2 slot with latest samsung drivers installed and set as boot drive

intel Optane is installed on second PCIe M.2 slot with x4 PCIe lanes enabled

I also installed latest intel rapid storage technology sw.

any ideas?

P.s.: I know this storage setup is an overkill. I just want to test it and later i use only HDD drives

As i mentioned i run latest bios update, even i am able to see intel optane in drives list even i got prompt to create MBR/GPT in drive management. But without installed intel optane sw i cant use it as it should be used. 

Hmm i think i found the problem. I was migrating OS drive from SSD to Samsung NVME and it migrated with settings on Legacy mode. Intel optane supports only UEFI. When i disable CSM in bios, i cant see drives, so my only option is format and reinstall whole system.

Edit: I found on intel support site, PCie nvme drives are not supported. Also using intel optane only for secondary data drive is not possible. So i have to skip my Samsung 960 evo with intel optane testing and Install it straight to my secondary HDD boot system.