abc

Dasuss
Go to solution Solved by sof006,

It could be Windows Experience index kicking in. I had my computer idle the other day and my GPU started making weird noises, after about 3 minutes it stopped and the temperature of the GPU dropped back down,

Clean your cards!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Try undoing the SLI and seeing if the card itself heats up when its alone.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try undoing the SLI and seeing if the card itself heats up when its alone.

Try this ^

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

The fan didn't spin up, but as a gamer I still want to run SLI.

Well that probably means one of them is being choked, try spacing them out more. Or making sure you have the right air pressure in ur case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that probably means one of them is being choked, try spacing them out more. Or making sure you have the right air pressure in ur case.

I've heard similar problems with this board. One of the cards temp rises pretty fast and the fanspeed gets  to 100%. 

This happens when you use full sized cards like the 780, the slots are to close to each other when you put them on SLI. Heat kinda stays there for a while thus your sudden increase in temperature. Which casing do you use btw?

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

900D

Well at this point I suppose theirs two options, trying to swap out your mobo and RMA or return w/e phrase you'd like to use for a fucked product.

Or

You can risk not being able to return it, and liquid cool your motherboard, which SHOULD fix the problem if what the other person suggested is true, and the board itself is retaining heat :P

It could be Windows Experience index kicking in. I had my computer idle the other day and my GPU started making weird noises, after about 3 minutes it stopped and the temperature of the GPU dropped back down,

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15