AMD RX 580 not working on 1680x1050 monitor.

Zonther

The only way to get my 1680x1050 monitor to work is using my GTX 770 GPU because the RX 580 will not work on it.

I tried all my troubleshooting skills on this and can't get my monitor to work. I did a clean install of windows with only the RX 580 and the 1680x1050 monitor installed and the second the drivers install, the 1680x1050 screen shuts off.

I tried to use a DisplayPort to DVI and get the same results as if it was connected DVI to DVI. Checked to see if the DisplayPort to DVI adapter works on my 1920x1080 on the RX 580 and it does work.

I don't know if HDCP has to do anything but other than resolution, that's what the 1680x1050 monitor doesn't support.

Here is a video I made and Emails I have with AMD tech support to help explain the situation a little more.

So what you are saying is that I need a new monitor or return the GPU and use a NVidia GPU because the problem can not be fixed with your drivers or the driver team refuses to fix their drivers. I can't update the firmware on the monitor unless I can send the update via DVI some how. I'm just going to return this GPU and buy an Nvidia one because it just works. I took a leap of faith on this card and fell flat on my face and now I will tell people just to stay away from AMD GPU's because of the issue I have. My next GPU will not be AMD but Nvidia this time. I don't know if this has anything but the 1680x1050 (VX2035wm) doesn't support DHCP but the 1920x1080 (VX2433wm) does.

On Nov 10, 2017 1:18 AM, <TECH.SUPPORT@amd.com> wrote:

Dear,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200777181]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response. 

I understand that you checked the port of the graphics card by connecting VX2433WM monitor via DVI and it is working fine. 

We already tried different possible connection but the issue still I suspect this could be because of the EDID settings of the monitor due to which graphics card is not being recognizing the monitor. 

I request you to please update the firmware of the monitor and check the issue status. Also check if there any driver which need to be update. 

Thanks for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Ali

AMD Global Customer Care

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign.  There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only.  AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Text
To: TECH.SUPPORT@AMD.COM
CC:  
Sent: 08.11.17 16:34:52
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Can not find second screen

The DVI-D port on the GPU does work. I tested it with two different types of DVI cables. DVI-D Single Link and DVI-D Dual Link. Both cables work with both monitors on the GTX 770. The way I have it set up is that the RX 580 DVI to DVI on the VX2433WM (1920x1080) and the GTX 770 DVI to DVI on the VX2035WM (1680x1050). The RX 580 works with the VX2433WM (1920x1080) on DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort to DVI adapter. The VX2035 doesn’t have a HDMI input so I tried running it on DVI to DVI and DisplayPort to DVI adapter but does not work. I tested both the DVI-D Single Link and the DVI-D Dual Link cables on the VX2035WM (1680x1050) on the RX 580 on the DVI and DisplayPort to DVI adapter and I still get the same result. Not working. I tested just connecting the VX2035WM (1680x1050) on the RX 580 without the VX2433WM (1920x1080) and I do not get a picture at all. While the PC was on, I plugged in the VX2433WM (1920x1080) to make sure the PC didn’t freeze before boot and the screen came right up on the VX2433WM (1920x1080) while no picture on the VX2035WM (1680x1050). I get the same result with and without the GTX 770 and drivers installed.

Do you need me to make a youtube.com video to show what’s going on?

Thank you!

*Edit*
I made a youtube.com video to explain my situation.

https://youtu.be/rYmUMaHStDU

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:56:16 AM
To:
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Can not find second screen

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200777181]} has been reviewed and updated.

I understand you already tried the suggestion provided in my last email.

I suspect this could be because of the fault DVI-D port on the graphics card. Could you please confirm me what if you try first monitor (1920x1080 ViewSonic model VX2433WM) via DVI-D to DVI-D native connection to the Radeon RX 580 graphics? Does this monitor work fine?

Please get back to me with the result.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Ali

AMD Global Customer Care

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

Original Text
CC:
Sent: 07.11.17 07:54:33
Subject: RE: RE: Can not find second screen

I already tried the HDMI to HDMI on the VX2433wm and DVI to DVI on the VX2035wm. I get the same result. This was my original plan on how to use my monitors on the RX 580 before I added the GTX 770 just to get the monitor VX2035wm to work because the RX 580 does not see it after I install the drivers. This was on a fresh install of windows on a new drive.

I have used DDU as well and it didn’t fix the problem. I had just the RX 580 installed in the computer, downloaded 17.11.1 driver unplug the Ethernet cable, ran my PC in safe mode, ran DDU, boot back to windows normal, installed the driver while the PC doesn’t have internet so windows wouldn’t install anything else. I still have this problem. I could never get into safe mode on W10 using *F8* but could do that on W7. I use *MSCONFIG* to boot into safe mode on Windows 10.

Yes the VX2433wm monitor works on the RX 580. The VX2035wm doesn’t work on the RX 580 after drivers are installed.

Thank you!

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for *Windows 10*

Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:15:41 AM
To:
Subject: RE: RE: Can not find second screen

Dear,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200777181]} has been reviewed and updated.

Thank you for the response and providing details.

I verified the screenshot and see that your first monitor (VX2433WM) is being detected in the Radeon software as well as in the dxdiag report.

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore<https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore> point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

Also it is not recommended to use two different graphics cards on the same system because it could cause driver files conflicts. First I suggest you to please remove second graphics card from the system and connect both the monitor to the RX 580 graphics card.

After performing this, Please follow the below steps and check the issue status.

* Connect first monitor using HDMI to HDMI native connection.

* Connect second monitor using DVI-D to DVI-D connection. Please refer the attached image to know more about DVI-D and make sue both the ends are similar to this.

* After connecting properly, please use DDU Utility<https://www.wagnardsoft.com/> (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode (by pressing F8 key) and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

* Then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

* Install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows.

* Again restart the computer and then install latest 17.11.1 drivers by clicking this below link http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Best regards,

Ali

AMD Global Customer Care

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

Original Text
CC:
Sent: 06.11.17 07:28:48
Subject: RE: Can not find second screen

Thanks for the response!

1. What if you try both the monitor individually using RX 580 graphics card? Does both monitor working fine?

No. The VX2035WM still doesn’t work but the VX2433WM does. The way I did this was by switching the DVI cables. Ex. The DVI cable that was connected to the VX2433WM is a DVI-D (Dual Link) and the DVI on the VX2035WM is a DVI-D (Single Link). Both cables do not work with the VX2035WM on the RX 580. This was one of my test before I added my GTX 770 just to use it as a second display card.

1. Number of ports available on the graphics card (RX 580)?

I own the RX 580 Sapphire NiTRO+ Special Edition. It has a DVI, 2 DisplayPorts, and 2 HDMI ports.

1. Please provide the screenshot of the Radeon settings under display tabs and also screenshot of the windows settings.

I attached all the information to AMD Help.7z (7 Zip). There is a limit on the file and if I just Zip it, it is to large to email and I didn’t want to send this out on 2 different emails because I don’t know if it will arrive to the same person. I noticed when the VX2035wm monitor is plugged into the RX 580 and the VX2433wm into the GTX 770, the 2035wm is on but just on a black screen. When both are plugged into the RX 580, the screen is on standby. I tested to see if the DisplayPort made a difference and it did not. I made sure the DisplayPort worked by connecting the VX2433wm on the RX 580 and it does work with no issues.

Thank you!

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 1:03:20 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Can not find second screen

Thank you for the email.

I understand you are noticing that when you installed AMD driver then second monitor (view sonic – VX2035WM) is stop working on your computer equipped with AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card.

You have mentioned that you have tried two different connection (DVI to DVI and DP to DVI) but the issue remains.

I checked your monitor’s specification and see that

First monitor - ViewSonic model VX2433WM have VGA, DVI-D and HDMI port.

Second monitor - ViewSonic model VX2035WM have DVI-D and VGA port.

In order to properly debug the issue, I would require some additional details about your system configuration (dxdiag) and let me know the following:

* What if you try both the monitor individually using RX 580 graphics card? Does both monitor working fine?

* Number of ports available on the graphics card (RX 580)?

* Please provide the screenshot of the Radeon settings under display tabs and also screenshot of the windows settings.

To get the Dxdiag report, please follow the below steps:

* Click on "START" > Click "Run” > Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK" > Click "Save all Information”. Please attach this to the email.

Once I have more information about your system configuration, I will be able to provide troubleshooting steps and recommendations to resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Ali

AMD Global Customer Care

Original Text
To: tech.support@amd.com;tech.support2@amd.com
CC:
Sent: 05.11.17 07:32:12
Subject: Can not find second screen

I own 2 monitors, a 1920x1080 ViewSonic model VX2433WM and a 1680x1050 ViewSonic model VX2035wm. I own 2 GPU's, a GTX 770 (which work with both screens) and a RX 580 that only works on the 1920x1080 screen. I narrowed it down to the drivers itself that is causing the issue. The issue is when I install the Radeon drivers, the 1680x1050 screen will not turn on and windows doesn't see it at all. I have to use my GTX 770 just to use that monitor. On the RX 580 I tried DVI to DVI and DisplayPort to DVI on the 1680x1050 and the RX 580 will not see that monitor. I also plugged my 1920x1080 to the GTX 770 and the 1680x1050 monitor to the RX 580 and open up the Radeon settings and selected display, it comes up as there is no display connected. It says the same thing in Display Settings. The only way I can get the 1680x1050 monitor to work on the RX 580 is that I have to uninstall Radeon drivers and have my 1920x1080 connected to the GTX 770. I would like to use both monitors on the RX 580 so I don't have to use my GTX 770 just to display on a monitor. With this set up, some games automatically default to the GTX 770 and there is no way to make it chose the RX 580 as the default GPU. One game that does this is Quake.

Off-topic: wow that manga (*≧▽≦) I wish my room were that way.

Would you mind put the body of email inside a spoiler tag, please.

10 minutes ago, Zonther said:

The only way to get my 1680x1050 monitor to work is using my GTX 770 GPU because the RX 580 will not work on it.

I tried all my troubleshooting skills on this and can't get my monitor to work. I did a clean install of windows with only the RX 580 and the 1680x1050 monitor installed and the second the drivers install, the 1680x1050 screen shuts off.

I tried to use a DisplayPort to DVI and get the same results as if it was connected DVI to DVI. Checked to see if the DisplayPort to DVI adapter works on my 1920x1080 on the RX 580 and it does work.

I don't know if HDCP has to do anything but other than resolution, that's what the 1680x1050 monitor doesn't support.

Here is a video I made and Emails I have with AMD tech support to help explain the situation a little more.

So what you are saying is that I need a new monitor or return the GPU and use a NVidia GPU because the problem can not be fixed with your drivers or the driver team refuses to fix their drivers. I can't update the firmware on the monitor unless I can send the update via DVI some how. I'm just going to return this GPU and buy an Nvidia one because it just works. I took a leap of faith on this card and fell flat on my face and now I will tell people just to stay away from AMD GPU's because of the issue I have. My next GPU will not be AMD but Nvidia this time. I don't know if this has anything but the 1680x1050 (VX2035wm) doesn't support DHCP but the 1920x1080 (VX2433wm) does.

Reveal hidden contents

Connect your 1080p monitor at the same time so you can use dual monitors and will be able to see what is going on and change settings using the working 1080p monitor. I suspect it's just defaulting to unsupported settings or something like that.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Connect your 1080p monitor at the same time so you can use dual monitors and will be able to see what is going on and change settings using the working 1080p monitor. I suspect it's just defaulting to unsupported settings or something like that.

I already tried that. It doesn't see the monitor at all. The youtube video shows that as well.