PS4 or upgrade?

xDylanio

So this is kinda of a followup to my other thread which I asked for help on ehat console to get. Since I will be playing fifa 18 and other casual games, and will mainly use this just to play with my friends. I've decided to go for a PS4, while this seems like a great deal ($200 for a new ps4 from kohls black friday) should I try to get something better? I will only be playing fifa 18 and some games casually. Any triple a games I will be using my for. Any opinions? 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

23 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

So this is kinda of a followup to my other thread which I asked for help on ehat console to get. Since I will be playing fifa 18 and other casual games, and will mainly use this just to play with my friends. I've decided to go for a PS4, while this seems like a great deal ($200 for a new ps4 from kohls black friday) should I try to get something better? I will only be playing fifa 18 and some games casually. Any triple a games I will be using my for. Any opinions? 

You might see how much a PS4 pro is if it not that much get a pro 

the ps4 is a supersolid console

go for it

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

There are some really great console exclusives on PS4 you shouldn't sleep on. Even if you can only play games at 60 fps you still have great games like The Last of Us Remastered, The Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, God of War III, Journey, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix, and probably Dragons Crown too (that one is coming in January).

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

There are some really great console exclusives on PS4 you shouldn't sleep on. Even if you can only play games at 60 fps you still have great games like The Last of Us Remastered, The Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, God of War III, Journey, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix, and probably Dragons Crown too (that one is coming in January).

Horizon Zero Dawn....

Ratcjet and Clank...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Get the ps4. 

Most of the games that are worth to play on PC you could play on ps4, but the games that are worth to play on ps4 you cannot play on any other system. :P 

5 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Horizon Zero Dawn....

Ratcjet and Clank...

Both amazing games, but some PC gamers have a real hangup about playing 30 fps games, so I didn't include them.

14 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Both amazing games, but some PC gamers have a real hangup about playing 30 fps games, so I didn't include them.

Horizon runs really smooth on ps4 pro, as a long time pc gamer i was impressed at the first look of it. 

25 minutes ago, Nedkely said:

Horizon runs really smooth on ps4 pro, as a long time pc gamer i was impressed at the first look of it. 

Oh yeah, it runs amazing on the cheap PS4 too (the one I have) and is an absolute must play for anyone who owns the system. Especially since it's currently $20 at Amazon and Best Buy. It's easily my second favorite game of the year, behind NieR Automata but ahead of Zelda BOTW.

But Bloodborne is the best game on the system IMO. Hell, I think it's the best game I have played since Zelda A Link to the Past back in 1991 or so.

Isn't bloodborne a very hard game like Dark Souls??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

22 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Isn't bloodborne a very hard game like Dark Souls??

It's the Dark Souls of the Dark Souls genre 

Bloodborne makes me motion sick. Maybe due to its wacky frame pacing? I don't think the 30 fps itself is the issue (I was mostly fine with Horizon on performance mode; just not the tight indoor areas). I wish that one was on PC, as it does seem cool. It is just it takes time to get good at that game but the motion sickness restricts me from doing so.

Another 60 fps game is Nioh. A smooth 60 if you put it on performance mode (I'm not sure if that's a Pro only thing). Granted that one just got released on PC. I love that game! It doesn't have the enemy variety, crazy lore, or fantastical level design (for the most part) of a Souls game, but that combat is so much fun for me. And runs buttery smooth so no motion sickness issues for me.

20 minutes ago, ono said:

Another 60 fps game is Nioh. A smooth 60 if you put it on performance mode (I'm not sure if that's a Pro only thing). Granted that one just got released on PC. I love that game! It doesn't have the enemy variety, crazy lore, or fantastical level design (for the most part) of a Souls game, but that combat is so much fun for me. And runs buttery smooth so no motion sickness issues for me.

Nioh will do 60 fps on the PoorStation 4 too, but you'll spend a lot of time at 720p while the ProStation 4 stays closer to 1080p in performance mode. The game was fun but I didn't find the combat anywhere close to as interesting as in Bloodborne, and same for the setting. Now that it's on PC though I'd much rather play it there.

The Last of Us remastered is enough of a reason on its own to have a PS4, not to mention the fact that part two is coming next year! (hopefully) 

6 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

The Last of Us remastered is enough of a reason on its own to have a PS4, not to mention the fact that part two is coming next year! (hopefully) 

I would be absolutely floored to see TLOU Part II in 2018 considering we haven't seen any gameplay whatsoever. We saw actual gameplay for Days Gone and God of War a year and a half ago at E3 and they're probably still 5 months from being released.

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I would be absolutely floored to see TLOU Part II in 2018 considering we haven't seen any gameplay whatsoever. We saw actual gameplay for Days Gone and God of War a year and a half ago at E3 and they're probably still 5 months from being released.

I think we're getting a gameplay trailer next month, at least that's what was hinted.  Even if it were delayed until 2019 it'll still come before the next generation of consoles so having a PS4 Pro for when it launches will be the best way to experience it regardless.