GUIMiner vs CGMiner?

^ Which is better of the two. I am currently using GUIMiner to mine LTC with my 7850. I currenlty get about 325-330kh/s with it, but am contemplating switching from GUIMiner over to CGMiner. If it is better to switch over to CGMiner, could somebody possibly help me set it up? 

Thanks in advance.

First of all your settings aren't optimal unless you're using the card while mining. If you're not using the PC you should be able to squeeze out at least 350 hash. 

Most people prefer CGminer since it is easier to customize and adjust settings. 

Error: 410

First of all your settings aren't optimal unless you're using the card while mining. If you're not using the PC you should be able to squeeze out at least 350 hash. 

Most people prefer CGminer since it is easier to customize and adjust settings. 

I see you have 7850s. Do you mine? If so, what miner do you use?

I see you have 7850s. Do you mine? If so, what miner do you use?

I use GUI since i'm lazy and have finals, no time to read into how to set it up and do settings properly, but it is popularly regarded as better. 

With a modest overclock I can get ~330-340 on my main card while still letting the PC be usable, 250 for video playback, and my slave card is 470 24/7. 

I like GUIminner cuz I'm lazy and didnt want to use command line. I mine/used to mine from my main PC, but GUI miner is just a GUI for things like CGminer. 

I use GUI since i'm lazy and have finals, no time to read into how to set it up and do settings properly, but it is popularly regarded as better. 

With a modest overclock I can get ~330-340 on my main card while still letting the PC be usable, 250 for video playback, and my slave card is 470 24/7. 

You get 470 on one 7850?!? What settings did you put into GUIMiner?

You get 470 on one 7850?!? What settings did you put into GUIMiner?

I misspoke lol, 370.

Should give you an idea of what to expect. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160932.20

370 hash card is at 1100core/1000mem, you shouldn't need too big of a voltage bump to hit that. It's still probably not completely optimized but I haven't the time to do it.

Concurrency is 12404, intensity, all other settings are left as is.  

You should lower your expectations a bit if you're mining on your main card. I don't think it can produce quite the same hash rate since it has to drive OS graphics at the same time. 

I misspoke lol, 370.

Should give you an idea of what to expect. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160932.20

370 hash card is at 1100core/1000mem, you shouldn't need too big of a voltage bump to hit that. It's still probably not completely optimized but I haven't the time to do it.

Concurrency is 12404, intensity, all other settings are left as is.  

You should lower your expectations a bit if you're mining on your main card. I don't think it can produce quite the same hash rate since it has to drive OS graphics at the same time. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information.

I also have GUIminer because of laziness.. Same program, just guiminer is simpler to use.

One of the things I've noticed whilst playing with my 7970M is that raising the thread concurrency increases output by a decent margin (watch your VRAM usage though). By raising the thread concurrency from ~8000 to ~22000, it increased my output at stock clock rates from ~270 Kh/s to ~ 320 Kh/s..

Also, overclocking seemed to create more stale shares than usual...

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

GUIMiner is CGMiner with a GUI. That's it. 

I saw posts about HW on CGMiner. Can you check the HW on GUIMiner?