Laptop graphics issue after fall update

So after the fall creators update I go to plug my Alienware 13R3 (7700hq, gtx1060, oled touch display, 32g ram, 512g nvme ssd, and 500g sata storage ssd... you know the works.) into my usual usb type c adapter (Aukey with vga and usb) and open it up to wake it and every time I do so the graphics driver basically fails giving me usually some weird purple bar at the top with some distorted colors I have two of these adapter and both worked perfectly before the fall creators update and both give the same result now. the work around is that even if I have it plugged in before I wake the computer all I have to do to fix it is unplug it and wait for the picture to come back then plug it back in or wake the computer first and then plug it in. I have already tired DDU and then reinstalling the latest nvidia driver and made sure the intel graphics driver was up to date. I would really prefer not to have to do a clean install. If you have any idea on what could be going on I am all ears.

And a side note since I'm not the only one I've heard of having graphics issues with laptops after the fall creators update don't you think Microsoft should have tested for this kind of stuff before releasing a big update like this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

25 minutes ago, palespartan said:

don't you think Microsoft should have tested for this kind of stuff before releasing a big update like this?

that was a good one. :D 

microsoft has a history of rolling out half baked shit to consumers.

One of the few ways of fixing the issue would to rollback to an older version. But that would take a fresh install. Or there is also just waiting for Microsoft to fix the issue themselves, which we all know will take a little while based on past experiences.

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

One of the few ways of fixing the issue would to rollback to an older version. But that would take a fresh install. Or there is also just waiting for Microsoft to fix the issue themselves, which we all know will take a little while based on past experiences.

Yeah considering this is my work laptop too I would prefer to avoid reinstalling windows if possible.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

26 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Yeah considering this is my work laptop too I would prefer to avoid reinstalling windows if possible.

From what I have seen there has been quite a few issues with the recent update. You may just have to go about your wits and deal with it until a new update is released.