Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem with windows 10 fall creators update

rhysj6

Disclaimer: I have fixed this by reverting to my previous update but I want to get the latest update

After updating to the fall creators update all of my colours were messed up after going into settings I changed the resolution everything above my recommended (1366 x 768) worked but nothing below I would like to update but I cant use my computer like this, please help

I have installed the latest drivers

Thanks In Advanced

JPEG_20171021_113339.jpg.597fade52bbe1483ad0bbbb7e69e599f.jpg

I'll be interested to see if somebody has a solution for the various post-update issues Windows 10 owners experience after each major update. But, in my opinion, each Windows 10 installation has an update shelf-life that lasts for only the duration of the major update period that the original installation is a part of.

That means, Windows 10 AU was good to be reliably updated without issues for as long as the AU was the latest version of Windows 10, but not afterwards. And Windows 10 CU has been good to be reliably updated without issues for the Windows 10 CU period, but is no longer. And the same now applies with the FCU.

After Windows 10 has moved out of the major update period for a particular installation, the only thing to do if you want a guarantee that you'll be able to continue using the OS without issues added is to disable Windows Update for the remainder of time that you keep that Windows 10 installation.

Here's a guide on how to disable Windows Update in Windows 10.

If wanting to use a Windows OS that can be updated reliably with security fixes for years, rather than months, then I recommend installing Windows 7 and using that - as it isn't receiving any major updates, and so isn't susceptible to having various things broken every half-year or so, like Windows 10 is. Also, Windows 7 was made by a much more competent and thorough Microsoft, and with a vastly larger bug-testing team than the modern Microsoft that has made and is updating Windows 10. And so, naturally, Windows 7 is a far more robust OS.

Alternatively to installing a different Windows OS, a person can delay non-security updates in Windows 10 for up to a year, but after that they'll have to disable the Windows Update service all the same to continue using that installation without introducing a variety of various issues.

10 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'll be interested to see if somebody has a solution for the various post-update issues Windows 10 owners experience after each major update. But, in my opinion, each Windows 10 installation has an update shelf-life that lasts for only the duration of the major update period that the original installation is a part of.

That means, Windows 10 AU was good to be reliably updated without issues for as long as the AU was the latest version of Windows 10, but not afterwards. And Windows 10 CU has been good to be reliably updated without issues for the Windows 10 CU period, but is no longer. And the same now applies with the FCU.

After Windows 10 has moved out of the major update period for a particular installation, the only thing to do if you want a guarantee that you'll be able to continue using the OS without issues added is to disable Windows Update for the remainder of time that you keep that Windows 10 installation.

Here's a guide on how to disable Windows Update in Windows 10.

If wanting to use a Windows OS that's updated with security updates for years, rather than months, then I recommend installing Windows 7 and using that - as it isn't receiving any major updates, and so isn't susceptible to having various things broken every half-year or so, like Windows 10 is.

Alternatively, a person can delay non-security updates in Windows 10 for up to a year, but after that they'll have to disable the Windows Update service all the same to continue using that installation without introducing a variety of various issues.

I have paused updates for a month hopefully they will fix it by then

3 minutes ago, rhysj6 said:

I have paused updates for a month hopefully they will fix it by then

Good luck!