Budget Build with big dreams.

Greetings,

Before I state the specs of my PC I think it is important to outline the motivation and purpose of the build. I am building this PC so that I can experience gaming on something other than a laptop that struggles to play at 900p. In addition to the gaming aspect, the build is focused on productivity as well as longevity.

Here is the part list:

CPU: Intel Core i3 8100

GPU: GTX 750 ti 2GB OC Edition

Mobo: Asrock Z370 Pro 4 Micro ATX

PSU: EVGA 400W

Memory: 4GB G.Skill NT 2400

HDD: 1x Western Digital Laptop 1TB HDD (salvaged)

Case: Rosewill SRM-01

In the future I will buy these parts:

GPU: GTX 1060

Memory: 16-32GB

This parts list is tentative  as I have only purchased the case,PSU and a extra fan so far

8Gb memory is enough for gaming, 16Gb is generally the sweet spot if you're doing content creation and other things like that.

If possible, I'd recommend starting with 8Gb memory, depending on what games you'll be running. I can barely run Minecraft with 4Gb memory.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

24 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

8Gb memory is enough for gaming, 16Gb is generally the sweet spot if you're doing content creation and other things like that.

If possible, I'd recommend starting with 8Gb memory, depending on what games you'll be running. I can barely run Minecraft with 4Gb memory.

What kind of specs are you running?

I would buy 8GB of ram but due to taxes and budget I can't afford it just yet.

Just now, ArchGamer said:

What kind of specs are you running?

I would buy 8GB of ram but due to taxes and budget I can't afford it just yet.

I have a Core i5-2430M in my laptop and an AMD A6-5400K in my desktop. Both run 2x4Gb DDR3 sticks.

On my school laptops we had a lot of trouble getting Minecraft to run well, we generally had to turn the render down to the point where it was practically impossible to see anything.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I have a Core i5-2430M in my laptop and an AMD A6-5400K in my desktop. Both run 2x4Gb DDR3 sticks.

On my school laptops we had a lot of trouble getting Minecraft to run well, we generally had to turn the render down to the point where it was practically impossible to see anything.

Cool, surprised that minecraft would struggle with 4GB of ram.

When it comes to my laptop I run a AMD A-10 8700p with 12GB of ram which can run minecraft well however I push it by playing Battlefield 3 and 4.

Just now, ArchGamer said:

Cool, surprised that minecraft would struggle with 4GB of ram.

When it comes to my laptop I run a AMD A-10 8700p with 12GB of ram which can run minecraft well however I push it by playing Battlefield 3 and 4.

Ah so you're playing Battlefield which is why you're upgrading then? I wouldn't run it on anything lower than 8Gb memory to be honest haha

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ah so you're playing Battlefield which is why you're upgrading then? I wouldn't run it on anything lower than 8Gb memory to be honest haha

Close, I am upgrading so I can play FFXV/LRFFXIII when it drops for pc as I was originally going to get a PS4 but decided to build a PC as it would be better in the long run

5 minutes ago, ArchGamer said:

Close, I am upgrading so I can play FFXV/LRFFXIII when it drops for pc as I was originally going to get a PS4 but decided to build a PC as it would be better in the long run

Gotcha. Maybe grab 4Gb for now and then add another 4-8Gb a little down the road, then.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Gotcha. Maybe grab 4Gb for now and then add another 4-8Gb a little down the road, then.

I shall unless I get a unexpected break in the budget

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE #1:

I have installed the fans and PSU in the case and have tested all components which are all working properly. I have decided on a CPU upgrade to a more beefy Core I3-8100 with a Asrock M-ATX 7370 Motherboard. Will update the spec list.