Pay as you go phone/service

79wjd

My grandma has a cell phone that she only uses to make calls and almost never uses at that (0-20 minutes per month). Verizon doesn't offer any Pay as you go or pay for what you use plans, so she's on the family unlimited plan ($25~/month). She needs a basic phone (no smartphone/nothing complicated) and reliable service is important.

I'm looking for something that has no monthly fee but instead you pay for minutes/what you use -- so $0.10/minute or 500 minutes that never expire (or something similar to that). It doesn't need to be prepaid -- paying per minutes is probably even better just becaue it wouldn't require any refilling. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

do you guys have prepaid over there?

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Ting, I use it and it's great. With basic usage and no data you're looking at maybe $12 to $18 a month, tops.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

do you guys have prepaid over there?

Verizon has prepaid, but not pay as you go -- so it would still be the same $20+/month. 

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ting, I use it and it's great. With basic usage and no data you're looking at maybe $12 to $18 a month, tops.

I'm looking for something that's not monthly -- something that's maybe like $30/$x for 500 minutes that don't expire since a 500 minute pay as you go option would last like 4 years. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Verizon has prepaid, but not pay as you go -- so it would still be the same $20+/month. 

I'm looking for something that's not monthly since a 500 minute pay as you go option would last like 4 years. 

Ah!

Most of what I'm finding has expiration limits on it like X minutes for 30 days or 90 days. Nothing that you just load up and go for a long period of time.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PAYG is a good choice. If Verizon doesn’t do it, AT&T might. Or try Ting. I’m not sure what services you have because I live in the UK.

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!