Opinion on this TV?

I'm planning on buying the 43 inch model of this TV and I would like some opinions on it, I have a 1440p 144Hz gaming monitor so please don't say TVs are bad for gaming, this TV will be used a second monitor and for 60Hz gaming and console gaming (NES-Wii U) through a Framemeister https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/xd8305-series

Mmmm...using a framemeister for upgrade scaling.  I think it would look better on a 1080 display, unless there's a newer framemeister model.  It'll look better than a regular NES on a 4K TV I think, but not as much as a NES running through a framemeister into a 1080 TV.

Then again, 4K TVs do upscaling of their own sometimes on 1080 content, so it might just double process the upscale.  You'd want to turn off absolutely all picture processing on the TV while using it to reduce lag.

You might have to make sure your Framemeister handles PAL as well.

8 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Mmmm...using a framemeister for upgrade scaling.  I think it would look better on a 1080 display, unless there's a newer framemeister model.  It'll look better than a regular NES on a 4K TV I think, but not as much as a NES running through a framemeister into a 1080 TV.

Then again, 4K TVs do upscaling of their own sometimes on 1080 content, so it might just double process the upscale.  You'd want to turn off absolutely all picture processing on the TV while using it to reduce lag.

You might have to make sure your Framemeister handles PAL as well.

I asked for an opinion on the TV, not my setup, thanks

7 minutes ago, yoyoyoshio said:

I asked for an opinion on the TV, not my setup, thanks

Ah.  Well fine then. Considering the specifications of the TV you should disable processing when using the Framemeister.

The TV and its specs are great, and I think you'll be happy with it.