Looking to build a new gaming PC

54 minutes ago, Majsterek said:

what i said was correct it was just out of contects as i did not read the quote obove that they are talking abaut specific models . Sounds like you get influence by adverts to much. 

Personally i would go with the AMD as they heave cheaper mobo and futhure better upgradability, 

For GPU you get better bunck for the buck by geting two 1080 . sure it is more expensive but the preformence per $ is better. 

Apologes for not reading that quote 

I can get a 1080ti for £689 whereas two 1080's would cost me £1050 almost double the price and considering when I use to SLI two Titans only a handful of my games worked with it I've always gone with single more powerful card since. at that price though the 1080ti seems more sensible to me?

1 hour ago, MekaStrix said:

I can get a 1080ti for £689 whereas two 1080's would cost me £1050 almost double the price and considering when I use to SLI two Titans only a handful of my games worked with it I've always gone with single more powerful card since. at that price though the 1080ti seems more sensible to me?

You're much better off with the 1080Ti. No SLI issues to deal with & less power. Many games can't even use SLI well enough to make it worth it.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

2 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

You're much better off with the 1080Ti. No SLI issues to deal with & less power. Many games can't even use SLI well enough to make it worth it.

The two I can get is the Asus Strix 1080ti or the MSI Gaming X 1080ti

2 hours ago, Majsterek said:

It dose not matte what it is . I ment Criptocurency mining etc and sumurized it all in one word (Bitcoin) This is not the poin . Maybe it is Etherum or Dodge Coin whatever it is the prces are now extreamly stupid and it is worth waiting 

no, lul, look at msrp, lppk at current price, 1070 and 1080 in the UK is around 50 pounds over msrp, 1080ti is at msrp, OP has budget for a 1080ti, cryptocurrency comments shouldnt be mentioned as its an unnecessary detail

2 hours ago, MekaStrix said:

yeah 144hz at 1440p

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/HMHJ6X

tell me what you think of that, strix mobos have great support for m.2 rgb.. etc

can save around 50 pounds by going for strix f over strix e, for all intents and purposes they are the same

rgb ram because its dope 32 gb because of the budget 4x8 because mobos look better when all dimms are populated

strix 1080ti, again, can save money and go for a different one but all leds in this list can sync

i tried to work around the budget but you cant really get away with 1080ti sli unfortunately

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

tell me what you think of that, strix mobos have great support for m.2 rgb.. etc

can save around 50 pounds by going for strix f over strix e, for all intents and purposes they are the same

rgb ram because its dope 32 gb because of the budget 4x8 because mobos look better when all dimms are populated

strix 1080ti, again, can save money and go for a different one but all leds in this list can sync

i tried to work around the budget but you cant really get away with 1080ti sli unfortunately

I can save quite a bit on the CPU but I've got to wait till  November 30th but I don't mind doing that for £50 it's worth it I can get it from Germany for £380 :) As for GPU's I can only get the MSI Gaming X or the Strix card so it will probably be the strix as I don't like the Cooler on the MSI card being red if it was silver or black then I would've considered it but reds really going to limit what colour theme I can go with :/ 

5 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

I was kind of considering a micro ATX build with a ASUS Z370-G but it doesn't have any internal i/o cover like the Strix E which isn't a big deal it just looks sick with the cover over those ugly metal ports

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

I can save quite a bit on the CPU but I've got to wait till  November 30th but I don't mind doing that for £50 it's worth it I can get it from Germany for £380 :) As for GPU's I can only get the MSI Gaming X or the Strix card so it will probably be the strix as I don't like the Cooler on the MSI card being red if it was silver or black then I would've considered it but reds really going to limit what colour theme I can go with :/ 

thats cool then

strix cooler is better afaik and rgb is life

Just now, ImNotThere said:

thats cool then

I may in the future get hard-line water-cooling with White fluid and RGB the crap out the PC the fluid being white will reflect the colours being set by the RGB lights

5 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

thats cool then

Actually thinking about it the Strix-E looks a lot better and won't look stupid with a giant GPU in it haha

9 hours ago, MekaStrix said:

Actually thinking about it the Strix-E looks a lot better and won't look stupid with a giant GPU in it haha

this is also true, strix E is definitely more premium feeling boards