I think I just wasted ~$2500 on a build.

That's why you check everything before actually putting it inside your case. I assume it doesn't POST at all so you're not even able to check RAM settings. Usually any RAM should work and boot at some default settings – most likely around 2133MHz clocks. 

Since memory controller is built in on Ryzen there are now 3 parts that could be at fault (as long as everything is wired correctly and securely and you haven't forgotten anything like the CPU power plug). Since this is your second RAM set and you've tried various slot combinations and tried booting with one memory module on its own I'd rule out the RAM at that point. That leaves your mainboard or your cpu. You said you've already gotten an exchance board (you could have checked serial numbers to be sure they've not just repacked your last board). If they switched your board then it's pretty unlikely that this board is broken as well. So chances are high that you had a faulty CPU in the first place. Have a different known working DDR4 compatible system to at least verify your memory is definitely not broken? 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Change teams.

Real talk:  At this point I would have it out of the case.  It makes it easier to swap stuff around and troubleshoot as well as eliminating some possible problems.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Does this board have one of those memOK buttons that flush the memory on?? 

C

Intel

2 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

That's why you check everything before actually putting it inside your case. I assume it doesn't POST at all so you're not even able to check RAM settings. Usually any RAM should work and boot at some default settings – most likely around 2133MHz clocks. 

Since memory controller is built in on Ryzen there are now 3 parts that could be at fault (as long as everything is wired correctly and securely and you haven't forgotten anything like the CPU power plug). Since this is your second RAM set and you've tried various slot combinations and tried booting with one memory module on its own I'd rule out the RAM at that point. That leaves your mainboard or your cpu. You said you've already gotten an exchance board (you could have checked serial numbers to be sure they've not just repacked your last board). If they switched your board then it's pretty unlikely that this board is broken as well. So chances are high that you had a faulty CPU in the first place. Have a different known working DDR4 compatible system to at least verify your memory is definitely not broken? 

Thanks for the insight.  I don't currently have another system that accepts DDR4 but I'm guessing it works.  As you said, it seems like my CPU is most likely the problem–but since it's too late to RMA am I just out $450? (don't feel like ebaying someone a broken cpu)

17 minutes ago, tcs_penguin said:

fair enough, I'll try it as a last resort.

If you're on bios version 1701 and you've got the ram in A2/B2, 8-pin CPU plugged up, 24-pin plugged in, monitor plugged in to GPU - The basic stuff you've probably already done, there's no reason it shouldn't at least post. The only things I can think of would be what others have mentioned, remove it from the case and place it on the box the board came in. Use the clear cmos button on the back IO. Maybe try the safe_boot button. Maybe remove the cmos battery for 5 minutes with no power cable plugged up. Re-seat the CPU, GPU - basically, just start over. Only one stick of ram in A2.

Edit: If you get everything reinstalled properly and it powers on, but doesn't appear to post. Give it up to 10 minutes. I've heard some take several minutes for the very first post.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

29 minutes ago, tcs_penguin said:

(too late to RMA)

i call BS on this. The products you bought arent even out yet long enough to be "too late to RMA".

You have defective Hardware so let your seller replace it. There is no "fix" to this issue its just broken.

And if you wanted it to work youve had bought Intel KAPPA

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 minute ago, johndms said:

If you're on bios version 1701 and you've got the ram in A2/B2, 8-pin CPU plugged up, 24-pin plugged in, monitor plugged in to GPU - The basic stuff you've probably already done, there's no reason it shouldn't at least post. The only things I can think of would be what others have mentioned, remove it from the case and place it on the box the board came in. Use the clear cmos button on the back IO. Maybe try the safe_boot button. Maybe remove the cmos battery for 5 minutes with no power cable plugged up. Re-seat the CPU, GPU - basically, just start over. Only one stick of ram in A2.

Yep, I do plan on taking it out of the box and trying safe_boot etc.  Frustrating thing is, I already kind of reassembled it when I replaced the mobo.  Maybe I'll also try using a new CPU power cable as it has to be inserted at an odd angle and maybe I damaged the wires?

Thanks

1 minute ago, DarkSmith2 said:

i call BS on this. The products you bought arent even out yet long enough to be "too late to RMA".

You have defective Hardware so let your seller replace it. There is no "fix" to this issue its just broken.

https://kb.newegg.com/Article/Index/12/3?id=1167

I bought these parts over a month ago.

I also have no original packaging.

2 minutes ago, tcs_penguin said:

https://kb.newegg.com/Article/Index/12/3?id=1167

I bought these parts over a month ago.

I also have no original packaging.

Products sold on Newegg are generally covered by both Newegg’s return policy and the product manufacturer’s warranty. Details are listed under the Warranty & Returns tab on each item’s product page: the item’s Newegg return policy is listed under Return Policies, and the manufacturer warranty is listed under Warranty. The manufacturer’s contact information can be found under Manufacturer Contact Info

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

5 minutes ago, tcs_penguin said:

Maybe I'll also try using a new CPU power cable as it has to be inserted at an odd angle and maybe I damaged the wires?

With such a popular and well constructed PSU, I'd hope it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.. unless you went all HULK on it xD. If I'm seeing the picture I found correctly, the board has an 8-pin and 4-pin CPU power connectors. I think just the 8 is needed with the 4 only being necessary for extreme overclocks. But don't quote me on that.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Just now, johndms said:

With such a popular and well constructed PSU, I'd hope it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.. unless you went all HULK on it xD. If I'm seeing the picture I found correctly, it has an 8-pin and 4-pin CPU power connectors. I think just the 8 is needed with the 4 onlyh being necessary for extreme overclocks. But don't quote me on that.

That is correct, it instructed me very clearly not to add the additional 4-pin unless i was to overclock a lot.  Dumb question (but might as well ask at this point), this is the correct place to connect cpu power, right? https://gyazo.com/c21e88cdb7c1ca1d5dd3433e969a2294

Just now, tcs_penguin said:

That is correct, it instructed me very clearly not to add the additional 4-pin unless i was to overclock a lot.  Dumb question (but might as well ask at this point), this is the correct place to connect cpu power, right? https://gyazo.com/c21e88cdb7c1ca1d5dd3433e969a2294

yep

9 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Products sold on Newegg are generally covered by both Newegg’s return policy and the product manufacturer’s warranty. Details are listed under the Warranty & Returns tab on each item’s product page: the item’s Newegg return policy is listed under Return Policies, and the manufacturer warranty is listed under Warranty. The manufacturer’s contact information can be found under Manufacturer Contact Info

Thanks, I was being clueless and didn't even think of this option.  I'll probably do this once I determine the problem to be the CPU and after I try other quick fixes.  What info do I need when I contact AMD–anything other than the serial#?  Also, do I find it on newegg or manually (also dumb question but cpu currently covered with thermal paste so I can't easily check)?

Thanks a lot

5 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

There you go, this is AMD's warranty instructions step 3: http://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/step3

Thanks!  This is going to sound super dumb but neither of my computers can load step 3 of that article (only step 1 and 2), just a white screen on step 3–I won't even try to figure out why this is happening xD would you screenshot it for me please?

2 minutes ago, tcs_penguin said:

Thanks!  This is going to sound super dumb but neither of my computers can load step 3 of that article (only step 1 and 2), just a white screen on step 3–I won't even try to figure out why this is happening xD would you screenshot it for me please?

Try this video they've linked at step 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUxr3bSejc

You should try and contact newegg first though. Don't now their policies and warranties but maybe they cover it as well. There's obviously an issue so maybe contact their support first. If they block you have 3 years to rma it with AMD according to their warranty.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

5 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Try this video they've linked at step 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUxr3bSejc

You should try and contact newegg first though. Don't now their policies and warranties but maybe they cover it as well. There's obviously an issue so maybe contact their support first. If they block you have 3 years to rma it with AMD according to their warranty.

Perfect, thank you.

Are you populating all the RAM slots? Try booting with 1 or 2 sticks and then flash the BIOS.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

If I buy something new and it doesn't work, I would request refund or RMA untill everything is working.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Not sure if you've already noticed it and pulled it out, but the middle black ram slot has a hair or something running through it.