EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Serial flow problems?

Regarding the EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Serial is anyone using this or used it in the past? I read online i think maybe from a Amazon reviewer that the flow is not good on this? 

EKRES-X3-150-Lite_fit2_800.jpg.4a6c49f12f02a13629e9b5e813c4a959.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

Regarding the EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Serial is anyone using this or used it in the past? I read online i think maybe from a Amazon reviewer that the flow is not good on this? 

It's an excellent dual pump unit that is if you need two serial pumps in a loop. In most cases a single D5 is more than enough for a whole loop. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's an excellent dual pump unit that is if you need two serial pumps in a loop. In most cases a single D5 is more than enough for a whole loop. 

Was looking for a seriel setup mainly  for redundancy in case one pump fails. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

Was looking for a seriel setup mainly  for redundancy in case one pump fails. 

Yes it would be good for that, but you shouldn't have any problems with those pumps the D5 is capable of 1500L/h and even when dialed back will be more than capable. 

42 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes it would be good for that, but you shouldn't have any problems with those pumps the D5 is capable of 1500L/h and even when dialed back will be more than capable. 

Out of interest when is really and i mean really nessesry to use a 2nd pump? I will be water cooling a cpu i9 7900x and 2x Nvidia 1080 ti's with 420 and 360 radiators plus 4 45 degree and 2 90 degree fittings. I do understand 2nd pump does increase the head pressure.

1 minute ago, Shadowman said:

Out of interest when is really and i mean really nessesry to use a 2nd pump? I will be water cooling a cpu i9 7900x and 2x Nvidia 1080 ti's with 420 and 360 radiators plus 4 45 degree and 2 90 degree fittings. I do understand 2nd pump does increase the head pressure.

It really depends, the areas in restriction in a loop are usually the blocks and with semi-paralle flow paths for multi-GPU blocks it helps with restriction. In a regular case I don't see a need for more than a single D5 really it's only when they have something different like external rads or very long runs then it comes into play. 

The time I saw a direct need for dual D5's was the 7 gamers 1 CPU build with the hepta GPU block. 

I just want to say. In this day and age your computer will most likely thermal throttle and shut down and not fry. You could probably suspect your pump and have it replaced right there.

On top of that most motherboards these days specifically have a pump PWM connector. Some of them can warn you of a pump failure. 

Above all of that. D5 doesn't really ever fail. 

Just finished a loop with one of those. Realistically one of the most restrictive loops out there (4 GPU & CPU & 1200 mm of radiator) flow rate is great.

20171031_103605.thumb.jpg.9bfc0178a9be5c708f1257b275671082.jpg