ASUS Router OpenVPN problem

Scruffy90

I've been using OpenVPN through my router for some time now. I used to use it on my Netgear router. When using it on the Netgear Router, it allowed me to access shares by their name and access everything through the IP, such as my NAS (to adjust settings and such). I don't know how it was configured(no option to select TAP or TUN), but I know it worked fairly well and even worked on all of my mobile devices.

That router died and I have replaced it with an ASUS Dual-band Wireless-AC1900-P. The OpenVPN settings for this don't give me the flexibility I had with the Netgear. I have my OpenVPN set up as TUN, but I am only able to access my shares if I input the IP address as opposed to the share/folder name, and cannot access the NAS' dashboard to adjust settings in the browser. I get a 403 Forbidden. It is very annoying. Is there anyway I could set this up using TUN (ios doesn't support TAP), access all of my shares through their folder names, and access my NAS' dashboard so I could make adjustments to it when I'm not home or is this simply not possible using TUN?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14