How to check for used parts?

Hello everyone.

So I helped a friend building a computer from one of our country's stores and they build, test and ship the pc after they are done.

When the pc arrive he wants me to verify that all the parts that we choose are indeed there and are all new.

I know how to check hard drives and ssd's with 'crystaldiskinfo' for total hours used and by that know if I got a used drive.

But what about cpu and gpu? is there a way of checking?

Thanks all :)

edit:

Another small question.. I'm not so familiar with overclocking but the computer that I built him has i7 7700k, ASUS Z270-P PRIME with CoolerMaster Hyper 212 as a cooler.

Is there anything I need to know before I try to overclock the cpu? And what's the safest clock speed I can get with this cooler?

Thanks.

No real way to check for CPU/GPU ever being used that I know of. This guide should help you in overclocking. I honestly wouldnt expect much though as the 7700k and all intel chips these days, have crap TIM between the IHS and Die so you likely wont get much extra mileage with a Hyper 212 as you use to. 

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

12 minutes ago, xDoron22 said:

Hello everyone.

So I helped a friend building a computer from one of our country's stores and they build, test and ship the pc after they are done.

When the pc arrive he wants me to verify that all the parts that we choose are indeed there and are all new.

I know how to check hard drives and ssd's with 'crystaldiskinfo' for total hours used and by that know if I got a used drive.

But what about cpu and gpu? is there a way of checking?

Thanks all :)

edit:

Another small question.. I'm not so familiar with overclocking but the computer that I built him has i7 7700k, ASUS Z270-P PRIME with CoolerMaster Hyper 212 as a cooler.

Is there anything I need to know before I try to overclock the cpu? And what's the safest clock speed I can get with this cooler?

Thanks.

I'm not aware of a way to check if those are new components of not, but considering how 'new' the components are in terms of release date, i'd say your're safe if i had to take a guess.

In terms of overclocking, your clock speed can go as high as your temperatures allow with the cooler. As legacy said above, new intel processors don't overclock very far anymore, so following that guide you'll find you quickly have the temperature increase quite a bit with very little result in clocks.

29 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

No real way to check for CPU/GPU ever being used that I know of. This guide should help you in overclocking. I honestly wouldnt expect much though as the 7700k and all intel chips these days, have crap TIM between the IHS and Die so you likely wont get much extra mileage with a Hyper 212 as you use to. 

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/

That's a lot to read lol. I thought it's a bit simpler these days..

btw whats TIM and IHS?

26 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

I'm not aware of a way to check if those are new components of not, but considering how 'new' the components are in terms of release date, i'd say your're safe if i had to take a guess.

In terms of overclocking, your clock speed can go as high as your temperatures allow with the cooler. As legacy said above, new intel processors don't overclock very far anymore, so following that guide you'll find you quickly have the temperature increase quite a bit with very little result in clocks.

I don't want to go into higher temps, I just want to get a little oc, even 100mhz or 200mhz.

For now it's enough until we replace the cooler to maybe a AIO liquid cooler of some kind.

21 minutes ago, xDoron22 said:

That's a lot to read lol. I thought it's a bit simpler these days..

btw whats TIM and IHS?

I don't want to go into higher temps, I just want to get a little oc, even 100mhz or 200mhz.

For now it's enough until we replace the cooler to maybe a AIO liquid cooler of some kind.

TIM = Thermal Interface Material. 

IHS - Integrated Heat Spreader 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card