First build, what will I need?

NuclearCore

So this will be my first time building a rig, and i've got all the parts listed down.

For reference:

Processor: Intel Core i5-7500

GPU: EVGA Superclocked GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2

HDD: 1 TB Seagate SATA

PSU: Corsair VS550 600W

I need clarification whether PCIe cables and SATA cables are included for connection to the board. I undestand that power connectors are already present with the PSU. If PCIe Cables and SATA Cables are not included, how much do I need? Lastly, I will be using the stock fan of the i5-7500 and was wondering if thermal paste is necessary, and if so, where would I find it if it isn't included?

pci-e cables come with the PSU and sata cables come with your Motherboard. thermal paste isn't necessary. Why an i5 7500? also, get a better PSU, the VS is very low quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, NuclearCore said:

So this will be my first time building a rig, and i've got all the parts listed down.

For reference:

I need clarification whether PCIe cables and SATA cables are included for connection to the board. I undestand that power connectors are already present with the PSU. If PCIe Cables and SATA Cables are not included, how much do I need? Lastly, I will be using the stock fan of the i5-7500 and was wondering if thermal paste is necessary, and if so, where would I find it if it isn't included?

PCIe power cables are usually included with the PSU and SATA cables are included in the motherboard packagaing.

Thermal paste is not necessary for stock coolers as Intel already pasted some thermal paste on the bottom of the stock cooler, just remember to remove any sort of plastic film covering the bottom of the cooler before installing in on the CPU.

9 minutes ago, NuclearCore said:

For reference:

what do you mean included? that power supply is non-modular. everything is attached already. 

if you mean 'does it have the right amount of connectors for my graphics card' you can look that up in 2 mins. look up what connectors the card needs and then what the psu has. 

also, maybe i'm stupid, but a VS550 is a 550 watt power supply, not 600. which is not very much for a beefy gpu like that... 

EDIT: i misread your original post the gpu is not that beefy. i thought you said 1070, not 1060. sill though, 550watt is not much if you are plugging in a couple usb devices as well. 

She/Her

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what do you mean included? that power supply is non-modular. everything is attached already. 

if you mean 'does it have the right amount of connectors for my graphics card' you can look that up in 2 mins. look up what connectors the card needs and then what the psu has. 

also, maybe i'm stupid, but a VS550 is a 550 watt power supply, not 600. which is not very much for a beefy gpu like that... 

EDIT: i misread your original post the gpu is not that beefy. i thought you said 1070, not 1060. sill though, 550watt is not much if you are plugging in a couple usb devices as well. 

550w is way, WAY more than enough for a gtx 1060 6gb, but the VS is bad quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

550w is way, WAY more than enough for a gtx 1060 6gb, but the VS is bad quality.

i already said i misread at first. i would personally not be comfortable on a VS power supply with only about 100 watts of headroom to be honest.. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

i would personally not be comfortable on a VS power supply with only about 100 watts of headroom to be honest.. 

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73040-nvidia-gtx-1060-6gb-review-19.html 236w under load with an overclocked 5960x, it's not 100w of headroom left.

22 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

pci-e cables come with the PSU and sata cables come with your Motherboard. thermal paste isn't necessary. Why an i5 7500? also, get a better PSU, the VS is very low quality.

budget build. Would be open to a suggestion for a PSU of the same price range with better quality.

Just now, NuclearCore said:

budget build. Would be open to a suggestion for a PSU of the same price range with better quality.

see if you can find a corsair grey-labeled CX.