help with my new build

SistrPhistr

So for my birthday this year my wife has decided to let me build a new pc and all my life i have done budget builds and bought what i could afford, well this time i get to go a bit over board so i wanna build something that i can game on max settings for basically every game. i want it to be futureproof i want it to be high end for awhile

so here is what i was thinking and you guys please help me improve upon it without murdering my savings

i was thinking

AMD RYZEN Threadripper 1950X 16-Core / 32 Threads 3.4 GHz Socket sTR4 180W YD195XA8AEWOF Desktop Processor

ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME sTR4 AMD X399 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX AMD Motherboard

at least 16 gb of ram possible 32?

EVGA GTX 1080 

500GB m.2 ssd (os drive)

3tb ssd (mass storage or all my games, pictures, movies.)

how much power will i need?
is there a better option for gaming and 3d rendering for game design?

This is not a proper use for TR if all you're doing is gaming.

Edit: That is to say you'd get better the best gaming performance w/ an Intel 8700K based setup.

Honestly the threadripper is good for productivity but honestly you would probably do better with a 8700k or a 1700x the core counts reasonable enough for games and productivity wont be begging for more but if your hreats set on the threadripper i would go with a 1000 watt power supply

Yep... If you are only gaming you might as well save your money and get an i7 8700k and a gtx 1080ti ... Oh and the 32gb is welllllll overkill ... 16 is enough for gaming and again: save that money because ram prices are very high .