Orange Color wall paint, what is it ??

booradlly

What is the color of orange wall paint used in a number of your tech videos.

Why would you link his older videos? Also most of the time linus won't answer you directly but you can be helpfully assisted by the people who don't know what that orange is.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

On 10/29/2017 at 5:05 PM, Bigbootyjudy said:

Why would you link his older videos? Also most of the time linus won't answer you directly but you can be helpfully assisted by the people who don't know what that orange is.

I'm not sure I understand, do you know of a newer one of his videos with that paint color in it?

11 hours ago, booradlly said:

I'm not sure I understand, do you know of a newer one of his videos with that paint color in it?

I do not but it seems like the orange that is used in newer videos is lighter than that one. What do you need the orange for?

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It's probably the orange LMG/LTT use in their logo. Take one of their logo's and open it up in something like PhotoShop & use the colour picker to find out the hexcode & then you should be able to work back from there.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 11/1/2017 at 2:30 AM, Bigbootyjudy said:

I do not but it seems like the orange that is used in newer videos is lighter than that one. What do you need the orange for?

Painting my walls, orange is a very finiky color. Getting just the right shade of orange is difficult. Too dark, or too light, or too yellow, or too white. The one in the video looks perfect. All I need is the pantone color code, or the SW color code.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:41 AM, Virus__ said:

It's probably the orange LMG/LTT use in their logo. Take one of their logo's and open it up in something like PhotoShop & use the colour picker to find out the hexcode & then you should be able to work back from there.

You would think, but rgb doesn't translate directly to wall paint. All that path does, is narrow down the options. I still don't know the answer between like 4 different shades of Orange. Only Pantone or SW color codes translate directly between wall paints.

Just now, booradlly said:

Painting my walls, orange is a very finiky color. Getting just the right shade of orange is difficult. Too dark, or too light, or too yellow, or too white. The one in the video looks perfect. All I need is the pantone color code, or the SW color code.

I honestly would not know that. I would go to a paint shop and look at samples. You can even make a fake wall from an old board or something where you can test oranges to see if you like them.

10 minutes ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

I honestly would not know that. I would go to a paint shop and look at samples. You can even make a fake wall from an old board or something where you can test oranges to see if you like them.

And that is my battle plan, but its a really terrible battle plan. Especially cause the Linus team knows what color they painted that wall, so just need someone from that team to state the color. Any suggestions on a different media to get their attention?

35 minutes ago, booradlly said:

And that is my battle plan, but its a really terrible battle plan. Especially cause the Linus team knows what color they painted that wall, so just need someone from that team to state the color. Any suggestions on a different media to get their attention?

Probably the best thing you can do right now is to tag a mod or someone on staff thought they might not answer or reply