Ryzen 7 1700X build check/Help with a case

Hello,

This is my first build and a lot of this is still very new to me.
This is a primarily workstation build, intended for 3D Rendering and 3D animation.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Klulas/saved/H3Lccf

I would greatly appreciate your help with making sure everything works together and will fit together nicely.
Will the motherboard be able to fit every component in together just fine?
The thing I'm concerned about right now is the case. The Define C states it can support up to 168 mm tall CPU coolers and the Noctua NH D15 is 165 tall. Is the 3 mm clearance enough or should I look for a bigger case?

Again any help with this is very much appreciated. Thank you

4 minutes ago, TheOriginalHero said:

Few improvements:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nBjPPs     the case will fit the cooler 

Awesome. Thanks! If you don't mind explaining why you made the changes you made, so I learn a bit?

15 minutes ago, Klulas said:

Awesome. Thanks! If you don't mind explaining why you made the changes you made, so I learn a bit?

Made a few more changes:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XsKCNN

1. Changed the power supply to a better quality unit.

2. Changed the ram to gskill. Tends to fair better on ryzen.

3. Changed the case to the meshify c. Its the same case with an mesh front panel for better air flow.

4. Changed the graphics card. 1050ti doesnt need 2 fans. Its very low power 1 fan is plenty and cheaper.

Don't get the 1700X, just get the 1700 and overclock it. 

You can do fine with a much lesser cooler, Ryzen is usually not limited by temperature anyway.

Don't get a B350 board for an overclocked 8 core. 

This RAM kit uses Samsung B-die, instead of Hynix die, and costs a bit less.

Will your work bit benefit from any CUDA acceleration? There are also a couple of cheaper 1050 Ti cards.

450-550W PSU is plenty, just make sure to get one that's decent. The Rosewill Capstone and EVGA G2 are currently the least expensive tier 1-2 PSUs. Or pick any tier 1-2 PSU from the tier list. 

:)

32 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Don't get the 1700X, just get the 1700 and overclock it. 

You can do fine with a much lesser cooler, Ryzen is usually not limited by temperature anyway.

Don't get a B350 board for an overclocked 8 core. 

This RAM kit uses Samsung B-die, instead of Hynix die, and costs a bit less.

Will your work bit benefit from any CUDA acceleration? There are also a couple of cheaper 1050 Ti cards.

450-550W PSU is plenty, just make sure to get one that's decent. The Rosewill Capstone and EVGA G2 are currently the least expensive tier 1-2 PSUs. Or pick any tier 1-2 PSU from the tier list. 

Thanks, I've seen some people recommend the 1700 over the X, but I plan on OCing the X as well. Why not a B350 board? Which one would you recommend? If you don't mind explaining the difference between the RAM for ryzen, why exactly is the G skill Trident better?

29 minutes ago, Klulas said:

Thanks, I've seen some people recommend the 1700 over the X, but I plan on OCing the X as well. Why not a B350 board? Which one would you recommend? If you don't mind explaining the difference between the RAM for ryzen, why exactly is the G skill Trident better?

The 1700 and 1700X should overclock about equally. You might have a few % higher chance of reaching 4 GHz, which will net you like 2% better performance (compared to 3.9).

B350 boards have VRMs that are too weak to last long with that kind of power. Assuming you live in the US, and with current pricing, the boards I know are decent are the Asus Prime Pro, Gigabyte Gaming 5, Asus Strix and Asrock Taichi. Ask @dave_k if you want to ask someone that knows more. 

Ryzen is quite picky with RAM, especially with dual rank kits. Samsung B-die works best. There's a list on Reddit with the different dies in RAM kits, which you can use as a reference. I chose the least expensive 16GB modules with Samsung B-die. 

Spoiler

:)

get X370 mobo. Prime X370 Pro or X370-F Strix

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM