Network Root Access from Linux to Windows 10

SlappyBak

Hi all, I'm in need of a little help please

I have had to reinstall Windows 10 and have lost network sharing connection from my Linux box. The windows computer is visible on the network but when selected I get a dialogue box stating 'Unable to mount location - failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection timed out'

Previously it would bring up a login window and request for my user account and password, as nothing has changed on my Linux end I am pretty sure it's a config problem with Windows. I have added the 'LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy' in regedit, fully disabled UAC and even tried sharing a single folder directly but still do not get prompted with a login request. If it makes any difference I am running a fresh install of windows 10 home with the creators update installed and no antivirus software or firewall changes. Network (file/printer) sharing is enabled and have tried both windows managed homegroup and private account settings.

Hope someone has an idea of what I can try next as I'm fresh out ? sorry if I have missed any required information - starting to get a little sleep deprived now

Thanks in advance for any assistance provide

4 minutes ago, ihatemufflers88 said:

I would personally blame updates..... but not familiar with this issue TBH

lol, yeah our kid often tells me "never update anything, ever... it always brakes **** " ... in this instance I'm running a fresh re-install and don't have the option to roll back any updates. Thanks for reading though (everyone loves a full boar exhaust).

"never updating" has potentials to be a problem at some poing (security blah blah) NP, and hate to say it but if you try and give a google on this, maybe a bit broader you might have some luck. GL