Network adapter randomly disables and can't enable it back on. Also causes PC to hang when restarting.

Zyre

I experience this exact same issue a couple days ago. Here is what happened just now.

I was casually watching a YouTube video and browsing the web. Out of no where I notice my internet is gone. The icon in the tray on the right had a red marker.

I go to the network adapters and notice my internet adapter is disabled. When I click to enable the NIC back on nothing happens.

I decided to restart my computer, but in both cases my PC didn't reboot. It stayed stuck on a black screen after fading from the restart screen. I then had to power down my computer using the power button and start it up again.

When I'm back in Windows everything is fine again. No errors popup, nothing. Even the internet is working again.

I looked in the Event Viewer and the only thing that caught my eye where the following 3 things:

Event ID: 1014

Name resolution for the name d.la1-c2-frf.salesforceliveagent.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Event ID: 10400

The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Event ID: 27

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
 Network link is disconnected.

Does someone know the cause and can help me solve the problem?

I'm running Windows 10 Home x64 (Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299)

Is this on a laptop or a PC? Either way, has the network card stopped working? If so, you did disable the card right? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Just now, BadluckBrian said:

Is this on a laptop or a PC? Either way, has the network card stopped working? If so, you did disable the card right? 

Yeah this is on a PC. 6600k, Krait Gaming 3x, 1080Ti etc.

I didn't disable the card no. I was browsing and suddenly my internet was gone. By going to the network adapter I saw it was set to disabled.

The problem wasn't my ethernet cable as it was plugged in correctly.