C615 Webcam Not Working

I just purchased a webcam, it was a C615 from MicroCenter, I came home plugged it in, nothing, installed the drivers and now the microphone on the webcam works (yeay?) but the webcam camera is detected in device manager but not my any logitech software or any other software and as such, will not work for skype, camera, or discord's new video call, the only reason I got it. I tried uninstalling the LWS drivers then reinstalling through it, Uninstalling through device manager and trying to reinstall which gives me error code 18 and access denied (screenshot below), restarting my pc, and different usb ports.  If you need my specs, I don't know what you would need besides OS but, my specs are

Cpu: i5-4590

Mobo: z97-a Asus

Ram: 4x4gb ddr3 corsair

Graphics Card: RX 460 4GB

Webcam: Logitech C615

Any help is appreciated and thanks for checking out my thread! I kinda suck at troubleshooting stuff :P

8dda79029e12bf7b2124c26b819c2efa.png

ff4dc75b77f15f98f51def3beca87f5b.png

e3c0b80c553af59429d6ee90631ca0e9.png

8e4f7f8555c997619f16c483e6737ed4.png

I just realized I'm in the wrong topic... Can someone move this to troubleshooting xD

did you restart your computer after installing the drivers? 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

did you restart your computer after installing the drivers? 

I restarted my pc after installing drivers, I also uninstalled the drivers and then restarted to install the drivers again didn't work so I restarted again 

can you try it on another computer? do any lights come on the camera (if it has them i know my ligithceh has a green light when its on) 

maye the camera is broken but the mic didnt get damaged 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

can you try it on another computer? do any lights come on the camera (if it has them i know my ligithceh has a green light when its on) 

maye the camera is broken but the mic didnt get damaged 

Just tested it on my laptop, works like a charm without even installing drivers. ugh, what now?

1 hour ago, Fred Cleanface said:

Just tested it on my laptop, works like a charm without even installing drivers. ugh, what now?

is it usb 3.0 and you have 2.0? but i really dont think that matters. humm ill google some shit and see what i can find out

Spoiler

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

is it usb 3.0 and you have 2.0? but i really dont think that matters. humm ill google some shit and see what i can find out

My laptop is 2.0, tested camera on my PC with usb 3.1, 3.0, and 2.0, nothing

My laptop is 2.0, tested camera on my PC with usb 3.1, 3.0, and 2.0, nothing

are both computers running the same OS

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Clockwork_princess said:

are both computers running the same OS

Yes both are running windows 10 64-bit, laptop may be out of date as I have not updated it in a while, I saw something about the anniversary or creators update breaking webcams, anyway I can test this? I also just tried every usb port on my pc.

Yes both are running windows 10 64-bit, laptop may be out of date as I have not updated it in a while, I saw something about the anniversary or creators update breaking webcams, anyway I can test this? I also just tried every usb port on my pc.

yes that update has been giving many people issues, i have not updated to it.

wait so it didnt let you install the drivers? 

is it being blocked by an antivirus? 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

yes that update has been giving many people issues, i have not updated to it.

wait so it didnt let you install the drivers? 

is it being blocked by an antivirus? 

So it is giving me error 18 when updating drivers through device manager, the LWS drivers appear to work with no bumps in installation but it just doesn't work, on laptop I just plugged it into the usb and opened camera and it worked flawlessly, including the mic. So is it the update that is giving me issues? I have only once gotten a virus in 6 years working with computers so I have the windows defender and that's it. Can I revert to an older windows version?

So it is giving me error 18 when updating drivers through device manager, the LWS drivers appear to work with no bumps in installation but it just doesn't work, on laptop I just plugged it into the usb and opened camera and it worked flawlessly, including the mic. So is it the update that is giving me issues? I have only once gotten a virus in 6 years working with computers so I have the windows defender and that's it. Can I revert to an older windows version?

cant revet would have to reinstall windows but them the update might be applied unless you dont connect to the internet while installing 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

cant revet would have to reinstall windows but them the update might be applied unless you dont connect to the internet while installing 

I have windows insider so I am going to update to the newest possible version if it is possible and I will update after testing it on newest version

• 4 years later...