Will this work for my build, Alex?

WatChuGunnaDo

I am building my first computer, (Her name is Alex.) and I was thinking about what case to buy for her. I had decided to buy a Corsair Spec alpha, because of it's rugged design, but I'm not sure it will fit my CPU water cooler. 

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VxyJhq

Frankly, I don't know if everything on my list will fit the case. I was so preoccupied with all of Alex's parts being compatible, that I didn't take the case into consideration. Will this all fit? Will my CPU water cooler fit and work fine? 

Side note: I bought four extra fans, and I was thinking of hitching all four onto my case. Two being on the CPU water cooler, and the other two somewhere under Alex. Would this work? I would like to have Alex well ventilated. Any advice or help is appreciated, thank you. :)

PS. Believe it or not, I'm under a tight budget. Alex in total has cost me 350ish dollars (all used parts of course) but the case I was and am going to buy new. If you recommend another case, please no more than 80$

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

Why do you need 64GB of ram when 8GB is enough for most people?

Because I got it at a good deal, so why not...

Just now, WatChuGunnaDo said:

Because I got it at a good deal, so why not...

What?! A "good deal"? Are you new to PC building or something? It is unlikely that this PC will be used for editing correct? Most of that isn't even going to be used by the pc.

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

What?! A "good deal"? Are you new to PC building or something? It is unlikely that this PC will be used for editing correct? Most of that isn't even going to be used by the pc.

That and there's not even an SSD in the PC part picker build.

Build goes here :) :

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

If you were to get 16GB your build could be much better.

Although, I appreciate you think that way, I have a question about the case and whether everything will fit, not on the ram and whether or not it will work better.

Just now, DrDevinRX said:

Thank you! I'm not crazy. I was feelign a bit like Joyce there from Stranger Things. Who needs that much ram..

1 minute ago, DrDevinRX said:

The list was made for parts I need to buy, not for parts I already have.

1 minute ago, WatChuGunnaDo said:

Although, I appreciate you think that way, I have a question about the case and whether everything will fit, not on the ram and whether or not it will work better.

Right, Although I completely disagree with your choice on ram 110% you did ask about the case, so be it.

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

Thank you! I'm not crazy. I was feelign a bit like Joyce there from Stranger Things. Who needs that much ram..

I'm a video editor and a graphic design student... The person that needs the ram is me. I might have been fine with 16, but I got a literal unbeatable deal for more.

I'm a video editor and a graphic design student... The person that needs the ram is me. I might have been fine with 16, but I got a literal unbeatable deal for more.

Right, I don't think you understand, You do realise that in your link it states that the price is $599.99 right?

4 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

The first thing in the sentence of my post is that Alex is my first build. So, yes, literally, I am new at PC building. I thought that sentence made that clear.

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

Right, I don't think you understand, You do realise that in your link it states that the price is $599.99 right?

My post also said I didn't pay for ANY of the parts at the cost they were. 

My post also said I didn't pay for ANY of the parts at the cost they were. 

What price is the ram then?

While this is above your $80 limit slightly, the Define S is a solid choice for a build. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352055&cm_re=define_s_window-_-11-352-055-_-Product

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

What price is the ram then?

Why does that matter to you, it's my money not yours? I just need help on the case, not someone to tell me I shouldn't have bought something I wanted to buy. In total the computer has cost me 350ish thus far. Do the mathematics. 

1 minute ago, DrDevinRX said:

While this is above your $80 limit slightly, the Define S is a solid choice for a build. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352055&cm_re=define_s_window-_-11-352-055-_-Product

Hmmmm, so my first choice case would not work? I was looking for something good looking like the spec alpha. This case has great specs, but it looks a bit bland. Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 minute ago, ErykYT3 said:

Could also get an S340 Elite for a similar price. Got mine for £84 or something like that with shipping. 

Well, I wanted to know if a spec alpha would work or not. I'm assuming that it would not?

Why does that matter to you, it's my money not yours? I just need help on the case, not someone to tell me I shouldn't have bought something I wanted to buy. In total the computer has cost me 350ish thus far. Do the mathematics. 

Fair enough, At first I was confused as I thought you were building this pc FOR Alex. Then I read through another time and found out that you called the build/pc Alex. Haven't seen anyone do that before but:| good luck with finding out if everything works.

3 minutes ago, WatChuGunnaDo said:

Well, I wanted to know if a spec alpha would work or not. I'm assuming that it would not?

Looking at the specs for the Spec Alpha, I can't tell if you can mount a 240 rad to the top. The S340 or Define R5/S would be playing it safe.

EDIT:

Radiator Compatibility:

• 240mm: Front only
  • 120mm: Front, or Rear

You can put a 240 rad in the front, but I don't think you can do push pull with it.

Usually people who make computers put names for it. It's not as common anymore, but as a kid I remmember my friends named their computers all sorts of crazy things.