Custom firmware on a tenda AC18?

Syxiz

Anyone know which of them work for this?

The router has the worst possible UI which doesnt allow easy port forwarding or to save more than 2 ports.

• 4 years later...

Fresh Tomato is great, recent firmware upgrades (2020 or so) make the wifi run as good as stock firmware. I'm using an ac15 with FreshTomato, its solid as a rock! Ran for a year without needing a reset. I use it as a wireless client to give my wired network access, its hidden and nailed behind a desk at the end of an ethernet cable running over 400 feet underground.

I'm considering grabbing an ac18; they are as good as Asus-ac68 eh

1563381871_honkphoto_2022-02-11_22-44-59.thumb.jpg.8b15094b1b9c948895a6ab5b96f3ca5a.jpg

You can also flash AsusWRT Merlin, but be forewarned:

"after flash to merlin cannot reset the router, it will brick, do'n press the reset button behind the router and do'n go into web gui reset, remember that, my ac18 flash to merlin working well almost 2 year, my 1st ac18 brick because i reset the router when i forgot router login password, i send to RMA change a new one use until now almost 2 year

you can direct download Asus ac68U or ac66U_B1 firmware flash into AC18, i suggest 380 version, because 384 have MESH function, incase you enable MESH on AC18 it will Brick too"