Motobot?!?

Have you seen the Motobot? 

Hilarious! I've thought that Dota2 bot it's cool, but this is unbelievable! 

"The craziest part about Motobot is that the bike itself is unmodified from the factory. It's the humanoid robot atop the bike that manipulates the stock controls. Its six actuators are capable of shifting and accelerating around a track as its computers analyze all manner of data, whether it's engine speed or attitude." Cnet.

This guy is using machine learning to beat the top racers, like Rossi, but now he is loosing 30 secs.

Or I'm too old and this is not really cool? Tell me...

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

It's a fixed machine o_o wouldn't it have the disadvantage of not being able to lean with its weight?

Either way, imagine the next AI going to 0 to that with just an exe...

You mean that he is not moving? If it will fall they will lose a plenty of money :) I think that the next step would be a robot with the knees xD 

13 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

<-- full disclosure: not a physics-trained guy

yeah, but you get more angular momentum when you lean as you corner (i.e. you can go into a bend faster and not flip the other way). If the bot hasn't got the weight then it's a completely different question of would being lighter in general affect speed and control? (think F1 cars: they're crazy light, but are designed to be pressed down on the ground by the air it speeds into, otherwise it'd actually lift off the ground momentarily) 

It's an awesome project though. The one thing robots do better than humans is consistency.

Oh, now I've understood, yeah.

@johnjohns111

Your post does not meet the Guidelines for the Tech News & Review Section.

-Moved to General Discussion -

You can PM me when you update and I will move it back.

Please update it to meet the required posting outline.

For your reference;

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER