Windows10 Surround sound Help?

Entonite

Just got a new Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround because my old one finally Died, 

Going through Microsoft Support was unhelpful as they told me to do all the things i already did. ( IE trouble shooter, Playback device Set up) and then said the 150 USD a year Support program could help me.

i have confirmed that FR,FL,C,Sub,RL,RR All work when i do the Sound test in the Set up where you pick 5.1 but i cant seem to get Windows to send Audio to the Rear outside of that test. Using the Green,Black and Yellow/Orange jack on my Asus Prime X370 Pro Mobo, as the Box of the Z506 said to use them. what am i doing wrong/ what needs to be set to fix this

Edit: the Old Surround set up was a Panasonic SA-HT740 Home Theater Reciver 5.1 with the Plus and Minus Speaker Wire Cables. Using only the Green Jack on the Mobo ( though really Janky set up to work )

22 minutes ago, Entonite said:

Using only the Green Jack on the Mobo

the green jack is stereo which is only 2 channels so whatever you had before wasn't really 5.1

sounds like your previous 5.1 processing was being done by the receiver.

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

the green jack is stereo which is only 2 channels so whatever you had before wasn't really 5.1

sounds like your previous 5.1 processing was being done by the receiver.

so what can i do to make this new setup actually use the rear?

Just now, Entonite said:

so what can i do to make this new setup actually use the rear?

you mentioned that the 5.1 test is working . so technically it already is working. you have to consume media that is 5.1 ready and in a player that supports 5.1

Your old home theater was supposedly just turning ANY stereo sound into a 5.1 like experience.

4 hours ago, emosun said:

you mentioned that the 5.1 test is working . so technically it already is working. you have to consume media that is 5.1 ready and in a player that supports 5.1

Your old home theater was supposedly just turning ANY stereo sound into a 5.1 like experience.

i did a bunch of game Tests with the Old Panasonic and it had the Surround working right and even 3d Sound (IE if something walked on my left behind me i could tell ) but that may just be the games