why are my textures not loading in on gta 5

Adrian18102001

hi guys so i have an issue with gta 5 the teztures wont load in time making them either invisible or low quality i have tried many things such as playing on low settings and setting vsync to half but it all dosnt work my vram usage is 800/1064 please help me these are my specs:

CPU: AMD A6-6400K @4.4ghz with a turbo clock of 4.7

Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-f2a68hm-hd2

RAM: 1x8gb of Balistix ddr3 @2133mhz

GPU: Integrated radeon hd8470d graphics

Storage: 1TB Seagate Desktop HDD

PSU: Win Power 500w

Might be a CPU problem, I've heard that the A6s don't actually have 2 physical cores, instead they employ a feature similar to HyperThreading that's always on to simulate 2 cores.

Your GPU is probably fine for GTA V, a dedicated one will obviously be better though

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Adrian18102001 said:

1TB Seagate Desktop HDD

Back in the GTA:SA days I already noticed that GTA had issues with HDDs once you started modding.  On an SSD the problems disappeared. 

You may be running into the same issue.  If the game can't read the proper textures fast enough from the HDD, it will either show the low quality ones or nothing at all. 

is this a stock installation or did you attempt to mod or change it in any way?

Just now, emosun said:

is this a stock installation or did you attempt to mod or change it in any way?

stock 

8 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Might be a CPU problem, I've heard that the A6s don't actually have 2 physical cores, instead they employ a feature similar to HyperThreading that's always on to simulate 2 cores.

Your GPU is probably fine for GTA V, a dedicated one will obviously be better though

yeah it has 1 core 1 logical proccesor and 2 threads but its still weired because other with the same hardware dont get this issue 

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Back in the GTA:SA days I already noticed that GTA had issues with HDDs once you started modding.  On an SSD the problems disappeared. 

You may be running into the same issue.  If the game can't read the proper textures fast enough from the HDD, it will either show the low quality ones or nothing at all. 

i've tried this i reinstalled on an ssd and nothing 

1 minute ago, Adrian18102001 said:

stock 

hmm , yeah the hdd or gpu might not be fast enough to load the textures in.

now that i look at it the A6-6400K is pretty slow even compared to a 10 years old q6600. you may be exceeding what the cpu/gpu combo can handle.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

hmm , yeah the hdd or gpu might not be fast enough to load the textures in.

now that i look at it the A6-6400K is pretty slow even compared to a 10 years old q6600. you may be exceeding what the cpu/gpu combo can handle.

the cpu and gpu arent that slow on gta i get 30-40 fps and i have them both oc but they arent the fastest 

the cpu and gpu arent that slow on gta i get 30-40 fps and i have them both oc but they arent the fastest 

I imagine most old machines could get 30-40fps if it didnt bother loading the textures in.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

I imagine most old machines could get 30-40fps if it didnt bother loading the textures in.

well no its not that old its a 2015 pc (thats when it was built) but in terms of relase date of the cpu its like a 2013 pc and when my textures do load e.g. when standing still or walking/running i get normal fps and in fact when they dont laod my fps drop 

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

also this only happens in singleplayer on gta 5 online its fine

well no its not that old its a 2015 pc (thats when it was built) but in terms of relase date of the cpu its like a 2013 pc and when my textures do load e.g. when standing still or walking/running i get normal fps and in fact when they dont laod my fps drop 

well if an ssd didn't fix it , then it's not your drive speed but your system speed.

I would blame the cpu that despite being newer is still slower than a 10 years old q6600. it could very easily be becuase the gpu is also integrated into the cpu and slowing the machine down.

Only reasons would be CPU or RAM, 8gb of ram is more then enough for gta 5 so I’d say it’s the CPU

my 760k had the same issue 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

It's a hardware issue. Even back when I had an Alienware 13 with an i5-4200u(?) and a 960m it would screw up a lot and not load textures. You definitely need more than 1 logical core and 2 threads to get GTAV working right.

There could be some ultra-low graphics mods that might make it work though, not sure.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂