are ltt video's getting increasingly more annoying?

Ashleyyyy

i dont think the ad thing is bad. its how they get money/sponsor, and to be frank, its much much better than the youtube ad.

The clickbait thing is a bit annoying but their video is pretty content rich anyway so i can live with that.

I dont watch every video as i did before now because the topics they are covering doesnt interests me that much anymore, but if there are still ones i am interested.

the terrible joke is annoying i agree. Some of them are okay but some just make me feel bad about whoever is telling them. if you want comedy in your video, just drop the staff you are talking about 'accidentally' Linus!

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i shoudn't have to do that. 

maybe that's saying something. 

also, you don't have to click on them.

You also don't have to post this thread, ya know.

Works both ways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

16 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it's not "too long", it's placed too far into the video. far enough to be annoying. 

In the example you linked above, the ad segment starts about 32 seconds into the video. In my examples from one, two, and three years ago, the ads start at 60 seconds, 43 seconds, and 38 seconds, respectively. Granted, the ad in the video I linked from four years ago starts at about 6 seconds, but that's because there was no pre-intro content at the time. Regardless, the point still stands that there is nothing new about this. There is nothing new about ad spots being in the video itself. There is nothing new about these ads being 10+ seconds long. There is nothing new about these ads being 30+ seconds into the video. This is the established format for LTT.

Again, the only thing that appears to be new is that the ad is placed before the intro rather than after it. I do not see how this is a problem. The intro already breaks the content of the video into discrete sections, and the script is written to accommodate this (such that you can basically skip the opening and not really miss anything if you're so inclined). It doesn't feel like the ad is interrupting the video to me any more than the intro itself does.

7 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

the title speaks for itself. 

i find this is the case. now they started with interrupting the start of the video with an ad. why? pre-roll was much less annoying, because it didn't interrupt the video. 

the general style of the video's have changed a lot in recent times as well. i'm a longtime viewer. since 2013 basically, and i don't find their video's as enjoyable as they were a year ago. 

something changed, and i don't like it. the terrible jokes and puns in recent video's show this. something changed in the writing of the video's i think. i watch ltt because i'm a pc enthousiast and i want to be informed about the latest stuff. i don't watch because i like terrible joke, mid-video ad interruptions, and clickbait. 

it seems Linus is focused more on ad's and money now than quality content. 

EDIT: this is honest, objective critisism. i'm not hating here, just my honest opinions. 

Well actually, it's literally the definition of subjective criticism.  It's entirely your own opinion based on personal feelings and you even recognized and admitted that yourself.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but please, let's call it what it is.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well actually, it's literally the definition of subjective criticism.  It's entirely your own opinion based on personal feelings and you even recognized and admitted that yourself.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but please, let's call it what it is.

you're right. english is not my first language, i'll fix it. 

She/Her

I've been watching videos since 2012. Pretty much 5 years now. There have been good and bad moments. And I must say that even I, as nvm-attitude viewer, don't like how things are turning to be. I subbed because I liked bit goofy style of making case reviews. I stayed because of goofy style of doing unboxings. The lack of unboxings didn't make me unsubscribe, because then came crazy projects. Those are still there, but some have been turned into "You people do something while I do voice-over" -style. They are still fine, but lack that feel of actually watching someone trying something new. Which is why I have to admit that I like vlogs and such most atm from LTT.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv