Help me identify the BOTTLENECK cpu/gpu

so guys i use msi afterburn/riva_tuner to moniter cpu/gpu usage in-game 

while playing sometime i observe (2 core 4 thread cpu)

1. gpu usage pegged at 100 but cpu is like 60  so i conclude that game is gpu intensive, hence gpu is the bottleneck (comment bleow if my assesment is wrong/right??)

2. cpu at 100 but but gpu at 60 (gta5) so is my cpu a bottleneck ??

3. now the wierd part , both cpu/gpu at 60 and  low fps (vsync off)  now how do i isolate the bottleneck????

any better way to find the bottleneck???

any way if i can check if my ram speed is the bottleneck (not capacity but speed) ??

2 minutes ago, hotShit said:

so guys i use msi afterburn/riva_tuner to moniter cpu/gpu usage in-game 

while playing sometime i observe (2 core 4 thread cpu)

1. gpu usage pegged at 100 but cpu is like 60  so i conclude that game is gpu intensive, hence gpu is the bottleneck (comment bleow if my assesment is wrong/right??)

2. cpu at 100 but but gpu at 60 (gta5) so is my cpu a bottleneck ??

3. now the wierd part , both cpu/gpu at 60 and  low fps (vsync off)  now how do i isolate the bottleneck????

any better way to find the bottleneck???

any way if i can check if my ram speed is the bottleneck (not capacity but speed) ??

What GPU do you have? My money is on the duel core CPU. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Instead of repeating the word "bottleneck" over and over again, can we get your full system specs?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

lenovo ideapad y560 (laptop)

i5 480m 2.9ghz

ati mobility radeon 5730 1gb

6gb ram ddr3 

7 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

What GPU do you have? My money is on the duel core CPU. 

i5 480m 2.9ghz

6gb ram ddr3 

Just now, hotShit said:

i5 480m 2.9ghz

6gb ram ddr3 

Ok, I think i have found your problem.....It's a laptop, so its more then likely thermal throttling. And its also likely to be a combination of an old mobile CPU, and an old mobile GPU. Different games hit system in different ways, Minecraft is CPU intense etc.

1 minute ago, fixitnow said:

Ok, I think i have found your problem.....It's a laptop, so its more then likely thermal throttling. And its also likely to be a combination of an old mobile CPU, and an old mobile GPU. Different games hit system in different ways, Minecraft is CPU intense etc.

what i wanna know is there a kinda sure way to pin this behaviour to a specific component while looking at the usage (per game)???

It's both your CPU and GPU, and low amount of ram. An i5 480m, at 2.9ghz is a really weak processor. Since it's a laptop, it's most likely constantly throttling as well.

The Mobile 5730 1gb card is just terrible. Modern Intel integrated graphics from the Celeron and Pentium lineup have more horsepower than it.

For the games you're playing, 6gb of ram simply will not cut it. You'll want at least 8gb for gaming.

All in all, you're going to want to just buy a new system. Your current specifications are extremely weak and won't cut it for gaming.

38 minutes ago, hotShit said:

what i wanna know is there a kinda sure way to pin this behaviour to a specific component while looking at the usage (per game)???

Nor really, not when the hardware isn't very strong. 

29 minutes ago, hotShit said:

i5 480m 2.9ghz

6gb ram ddr3

It's a combination of a rather weak CPU and weak GPU. It's little wonder why the laptop would struggle to play GTA V.

TBH, there's no point in identifying a bottleneck when you cannot upgrade the system, seeing as it's a laptop.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder