Project Hazardous

Phoenix92

Project Hazardous

Hello all, and welcome to my build log, unfortunately it's going to be a bit static for the next month or two while I amass funds, ideas and boxes of parts here and there but thought I would share my ideas with people while I am waiting for the get go.

On the plus side I have a few bits and bobs already so will be lots of piccy's of cable sleeving and unwrapping of parcels :o

Most of the components for this build will be coming from my current PC:

Current PC Specs:

• Case - NZXT Switch 810 matt black
  • CPU - Intel 3570k OC to 4.3GHz
  • Mobo: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
  • Ram - Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 (2x4GB)
  • GPU - ATi 4870 1GB --> Will be being updated to a MSI 7970 lightning with possibility of either Xfire or a PhysX card (funds depending)
  • SSD - Samsung 830 256GB
  • HDD - 1x WD Caviar Black 640GB 1x WD Caviar Green 2TB
  • PSU - OCZ ModXstreme 700W --> Will be being updated to something ~1000W

Things still to buy:

• Case - TJ07
  • MSI 7970 Lightning Boost Edition
  • ~1000W PSU
  • Watercooling:
    • XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    • EK 7970 lightning block
    • EK D5 X-Res 140
    • D5 pump
    • Bitspower black fittings
    • 480mm Rad
    • 240mm Rad
    • Clear Tubing
    • Mayhems Sunset Yellow Pastel

Concept & Design

When I first thought about this build I was going to do it in my current case which is a matte black Switch 810, but as time has gone on I kept coming back to the TJ07, there is something simply stunning about the shape and design of it that makes it irresistible. When I started looking more at the TJ07 I started to see lots of different ways I could make the build personal and not just 'another' watercooled rig.

The first idea was to blank off the front 5.25" bays and either make a custom panel or have one made, then I started thinking instead of just having a blank panel why not make it a feature of the build and mount a res behind some acrylic.

This led to my first mock up in SketchUp:

001initialfrontpanel.th.jpg

With some time and effort this eventually got refined to it's current state:

002frontpanelrefined.th.jpg

The 45 degree fitting and tubing on top is a fill port and won't be connected all the time. Hopefully I can think of some kind of graphic to go up the right hand side (similar to the murdermod front panel's but different design).

View installed in case:

003tj07withfrontpanelv3.th.jpg

Inside the case I will be putting a 480mm radiator with just push fans along one side at the bottom and the PSU and a push/pull 240 along the other side, with the air from the 480 passing through the PSU and the 240. This should mean that the top half of the case should stay 100% dust free as I will be using a modded back plate with no fans and the top mesh will be replaced with smoked or clear acrylic.

I will be using noctua NF-F12 fans but dying the plastic (as opposed to painting them), still trying to work out whether to go with all black or black with yellow fans (obv a lot harder to dye the noctua reddy/brown colour to yellow than it is to dye it to black).

Anyway, thanks for looking, would love to get people's impressions/feedback, I will be updating the thread as I get more stuff to post pictures about.

I thought I had put them in correctly :s Will try again

Sounds stupid but can you post a picture of the design of the interior :)

I know most people just look at the outside, but i like to watch where people stack their ssd's/hdd's and stuff like that... ;p

yeah sure, haven't worked that bit out 100% yet, probably ssd to back of mobo tray and 2 HDD on the back of the 5.25" bay cover, will upload some more pics/sketchup's soon as I'm back at uni as I've got a couple of packages waiting for me :)