TROUBLESHOOTING System posts every other time

sadboy

I have an i7 4770 and a Gigabyte z97mx gaming 5 mobo, along with an ROG GTX 1070. Since transplanting my system to a Mastercase Pro 3, the system only posts every other time. After I shut the computer down, it will fail to post the first time. The second time, it posts no problem. Memcheck returned no issues, and my boot drive is less than a year old. Is this a dying mobo? Nothing else is affected, just the post issue. Am I the only one?

Sounds more like a bios error , initial boot cannot occur but is resolved by a reset.

did you change anything in the bios or was it just all at default settings? if it was default then you can reset it to default to see if that fixes it.

After I shut the computer down, it will fail to post the first time. The second time, it posts no problem. Memcheck returned no issues, and my boot drive is less than a year old. Is this a dying mobo?

disable FAST BOOT to increase memory compatibility, even though tis stable with its timings maybe its a BOOTUP CHECK COMPATIBILITY ERROR :) causing bootfail

(◑‿◐)

I don't remember changing any bios settings, and I updated the bios to the latest version to no avail. I will check fast boot when I get home, thank you both for your insight!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem, used default settings and fixed the problem. Hope it will for you too