RX 470 Died, What to do?

Tolekkeks

Hi, been watching LTT for years and decided to go on the forum.

So my RX 470 died, kinda? 

TL;DR   RX470 died while playing DoW3, PCs fine all turns on, GPU possybly dead, what to do?

I was playing Down of War III on 4k@Ultra and the performance was stable at 40-50 fps... I didnt change anything in wattman and all of my setting in the Radeon manager were mostly balanced between power and performance.

Then 1h ago my at a moment of heavy gunfire my PC shut down and didnt turn on for 5min, 5min later it did turn on but the GPU fans didnt spin or the Sapphire logo didnt turn on, no video signal wahtsoever.

Luckly i have my old R7 260x that im using currently.

I dont want to throw away my GPU it did cost me some work and time.

Is there anythign i could do?

THX.:(

8 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

Hi, been watching LTT for years and decided to go on the forum.

So my RX 470 died, kinda? 

TL;DR   RX470 died while playing DoW3, PCs fine all turns on, GPU possybly dead, what to do?

I was playing Down of War III on 4k@Ultra and the performance was stable at 40-50 fps... I didnt change anything in wattman and all of my setting in the Radeon manager were mostly balanced between power and performance.

Then 1h ago my at a moment of heavy gunfire my PC shut down and didnt turn on for 5min, 5min later it did turn on but the GPU fans didnt spin or the Sapphire logo didnt turn on, no video signal wahtsoever.

Luckly i have my old R7 260x that im using currently.

I dont want to throw away my GPU it did cost me some work and time.

Is there anythign i could do?

THX.:(

How old is it? Can you RMA it? What did you already try to do with the GPU after it "died" to try and fix the problem?

Was it overclocked? If so, by how much? And what was the voltage?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

9 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

RX470 died while playing DoW3,

BRAH!!!

This game is HERESY!!!

Spoiler

Image result for angry marines heresy

How long ago did you buy it?

You can likely RMA it, or contact the person you bought it from for a potential new one.

You can't throw it out, the metals are extremely toxic to the environment. 

As a 

LAST!!!!! resort,

You can try the oven method (Provided you NEVER EVER EVER EVER use that oven again) detailed here:

Spoiler

oven bake the gfx......may give it more life......but a risky manuvre

13 minutes ago, Eibe said:

How old is it? Can you RMA it? What did you already try to do with the GPU after it "died" to try and fix the problem?

Was it overclocked? If so, by how much? And what was the voltage?

No OC, voltage was at standart value, i dont have the box nor the reciep, bought it summer 2016

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

BRAH!!!

This game is HERESY!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for angry marines heresy

How long ago did you buy it?

You can likely RMA it, or contact the person you bought it from for a potential new one.

You can't throw it out, the metals are extremely toxic to the environment. 

As a 

LAST!!!!! resort,

You can try the oven method (Provided you NEVER EVER EVER EVER use that oven again) detailed here:

Reveal hidden contents

this is irony at last, i was cleansing some greenskins and just got the titan

4 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

It should be under warranty, return it.

no reciep = no warranty, says so on sapphires website

1 minute ago, Tolekkeks said:

i dont have the box nor the reciep

That is why you keep this sort of stuff for expensive items though...

We cannot help much I am afraid.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Just now, Eibe said:

That is why you keep this sort of stuff for expensive items though...

We cannot help much I am afraid.

recomend me a gpu then, i found a website that wants 395€ for a GTX 107 and gives me a 50€ off, but i alow need a new psu since mines only 450w

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

lol i just throw the pc stuff in the scrapmetal bin at the scrapyard, there is nothing really toxic besides maybe a bit of acid in the capacitors lol

Just now, Tiwaz said:

lol i just throw the pc stuff in the scrapmetal bin at the scrapyard, there is nothing really toxic besides maybe a bit of acid in the capacitors lol

im not gonna throw it away, selling it as parts on ebay... i saw people getting 30-80€ for it

Just now, Tolekkeks said:

im not gonna throw it away, selling it as parts on ebay... i saw people getting 30-80€ for it

yeah you should just RMA it, you have to have at least a 2 year warrnaty on that card srsly

Just now, Tiwaz said:

yeah you should just RMA it, you have to have at least a 2 year warrnaty on that card srsly

8 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

no reciep = no warranty, says so on sapphires website

14 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

recomend me a gpu then, i found a website that wants 395€ for a GTX 107 and gives me a 50€ off, but i alow need a new psu since mines only 450w

1070 will work on a good 450 psu. 

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

1070 will work on a good 450 psu. 

BeQueit System Power 7 silver

32 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

No OC, voltage was at standart value, i dont have the box nor the reciep, bought it summer 2016

this is irony at last, i was cleansing some greenskins and just got the titan

I was going to say 'SPOILERS!!!!! CMON!!!' but I hate that game sooo much... to me it sucks sooo much ASSSSS. 

I feel bad that I asked my parents to buy me that for my birthday. It was likea huge waste of their money. I never want to play it.... :/ 

Just get Dark Crusade and you're fine. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I was going to say 'SPOILERS!!!!! CMON!!!' but I hate that game sooo much... to me it sucks sooo much ASSSSS. 

I feel bad that I asked my parents to buy me that for my birthday. It was likea huge waste of their money. I never want to play it.... :/ 

Just get Dark Crusade and you're fine. 

if you want ill offer you steam familiy sharing, bc i like the game and only playing it bc of the free weekend but dont wnat to pay for it

14 minutes ago, Tolekkeks said:

if you want ill offer you steam familiy sharing, bc i like the game and only playing it bc of the free weekend but dont wnat to pay for it

I'm not giving you my steam log in info hahaha. 

But this game is a trillion times better:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4580/Warhammer_40000_Dawn_of_War__Dark_Crusade/

(goes on sale for 2.50~ USD; Also it doesn't require any other games to work. )

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

I'm not giving you my steam log in info hahaha. 

But this game is a trillion times better:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4580/Warhammer_40000_Dawn_of_War__Dark_Crusade/

(goes on sale for 2.50~ USD; Also it doesn't require any other games to work. )

aw why not? i own all of the DoW titels and can confirm its awesome, but i like soulstorm more bc of the flying units

aw why not? i own all of the DoW titels and can confirm its awesome, but i like soulstorm more bc of the flying units

WHAT!

The most tacked on... E#KWGKLHEGHKDSLHGFKJSDHF 

I hated the campaign in Soulstorm, and the flying units were like so tacked on IMO. 

13 minutes ago, fpo said:

WHAT!

The most tacked on... E#KWGKLHEGHKDSLHGFKJSDHF

excuse me what ?

excuse me what ?

I thought the flyers were the dumbest things ever. They felt super tacked on and .. unnecessary. 

Re-thinking though, the skirmish, and online was really good (but it was just an updated version of Dark Crusade) but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun. 

Just now, fpo said:

I thought the flyers were the dumbest things ever. They felt super tacked on and .. unnecessary. 

Re-thinking though, the skirmish, and online was really good (but it was just an updated version of Dark Crusade) but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun. 

i liked the flyers for multitasking, you could build a good defence and use the flyers or attack from two sides