Bigger CDs?

Rambo3456

Hello everyone, to make a long story short i can only play music from CDs and the radio in my car but the problem is that since i can only CDs i can only hold about 12 songs on a single CD. Is there another option like a certain type of CD with a bigger sizme knoe please let w.

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

No.

Unless your CD player can read/play MP3s.

I had this issue in an older Alfa, CD-only. Max playtime was about the same.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Yes, they're called 'DVDs'.

In all seriousness, the largest CDR that was ever produced was 99mins, larger than your typical 74 or 80min CD.  You'll also find drive compatibility very poor with such discs since they are WELL out of the accepted standards.  You would also certainly be hard pressed to even find 99min CDRs in 2017 and if you could find them, they're probably unreasonably expensive and being sold by a collector of obscure media or something.

You'd do better to buy a CD player for your car that supports MP3 CDs which would allow you to store many more songs on one disc.  Or if your audio system has an aux input, hook up an MP3 player, phone, or whatever else.  Or any of those other solutions.

+1 to @AshleyAshes ideas. For a super cheap solution, get one of those small radio transmitters which fit in your phone's headphone jack and broadcast your music locally so your car radio could pick it up.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

+1 to @AshleyAshes ideas. For a super cheap solution, get one of those small radio transmitters which fit in your phone's headphone jack and broadcast your music locally so your car radio could pick it up.

Oh I forgot about that.

Also if you have a tape deck, you can use a tape deck adapter that plugs into your phone or other external audio player's headphone jack and then feeds that directly into the tape deck via the adapter.

Or even weird solutions like this thing:

http://www.dansdata.com/dah220.htm

Look around for a tape to 3.5mm adapter, there are some decent ones floating around that should do perfectly fine, assuming you're able to play tapes in your car.

Another option is to replace the stereo box. I did that in my car, it only cost about $100, and now I have both a 3.5mm jack on it and bluetooth.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If your player has some AUX In / Line In jack,  plug a portable player into it using a stereo jack <-> stereo jack cable to connect the portable player to the car player.  A Sansa Clip , an iPod, even a portable cd player with mp3 decoding

Example of cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Feet-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Black/dp/B00AYGXAM0/

And a Sansa Clip is less than 30$ and can hold 8 GB of music and battery lasts a long time but you can also charge it from usb (use a car lighter usb charger or the car's usb ports if it has some)

You'll get better quality this way compared to FM transmitters

34 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

In all seriousness, the largest CDR that was ever produced was 99mins, larger than your typical 74 or 80min CD.  You'll also find drive compatibility very poor with such discs since they are WELL out of the accepted standards.  You would also certainly be hard pressed to even find 99min CDRs in 2017 and if you could find them, they're probably unreasonably expensive and being sold by a collector of obscure media or something.

You'd do better to buy a CD player for your car that supports MP3 CDs which would allow you to store many more songs on one disc.  Or if your audio system has an aux input, hook up an MP3 player, phone, or whatever else.  Or any of those other solutions.

The Radio doesnt support DVD format only CD

20 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Really Creative Idea thanks for the help

17 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh I forgot about that.

Also if you have a tape deck, you can use a tape deck adapter that plugs into your phone or other external audio player's headphone jack and then feeds that directly into the tape deck via the adapter.

Or even weird solutions like this thing:

http://www.dansdata.com/dah220.htm

Great idea but my radio dosnt have a tape slot

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If your player has some AUX In / Line In jack,  plug a portable player into it using a stereo jack <-> stereo jack cable to connect the portable player to the car player.  A Sansa Clip , an iPod, even a portable cd player with mp3 decoding

Example of cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Feet-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Black/dp/B00AYGXAM0/

And a Sansa Clip is less than 30$ and can hold 8 GB of music and battery lasts a long time but you can also charge it from usb (use a car lighter usb charger or the car's usb ports if it has some)

You'll get better quality this way compared to FM transmitters

i dont have a aux cord input but thanks for the help

Then you'd have to buy one of those FM transmitters ... you plug that into a portable music player and it "broadcasts" the music on a particular frequency, you tune the car's radio on that frequency and listen to music on the car system.

The FM transmitter is weak enough that only works around 3-10 meters around your car, so it's legal to use. 

Here's an example : https://www.amazon.com/JETech-Wireless-Transmitter-Phones-Charger/dp/B00URUJWPW/

Plug that in the car lighter for power, and it also acts like a usb charger .. set the fm frequency and plug the stereo jack into your portable player and it will broadcast the music over the radio.

Similar device : https://www.amazon.com/TECKNET-Universal-Transmitter-featuring-Charger/dp/B001AIM5ZE/

Not something that's super ideal, but if you're desperate, you could just get a simple AUX speaker that plugs into your phone. Again, not ideal, but that's how I've gotten around it when my car was just new enough to not have a tape slot, but old enough to not have an aux cord.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

they're probably unreasonably expensive and being sold by a collector of obscure media or something.

I can’t believe CDs are now a form of obscure media xD. I feel old now

That's an F in the profile pic

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Actually, I was specfically speaking of 99min CDRs, since they were a rarity even when they were introduced.

You could get 74/80min CDRs no problem today.  I can find many on Amazon.ca right now.  But the OP wants something longer than your common CD.

53 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Yep, it's all flash storage now. Super speed and loads of space.

I edit my posts a lot.