Around 10 degrees difference between core and package temps on custom loop

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
5 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Hey, so about a month ago I finished my first hard-line loop. However, I've noticed that there is around a 10~ degree difference between my package and core temps. I didn't really think much about it, since it was a new loop, but now 1 and a half months later it's starting to bother me. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

i7 5820k @stock

GTX 980 Ti @stock

240 rad

360 rad

Thermaltake Riing Fans

H440

The core temps are what you want to be mainly concerned about the package is usually the CPU as a whole or socket for ones with temp probes usually seen on the old AMD chips.

Hey, so about a month ago I finished my first hard-line loop. However, I've noticed that there is around a 10~ degree difference between my package and core temps. I didn't really think much about it, since it was a new loop, but now 1 and a half months later it's starting to bother me. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

i7 5820k @stock

GTX 980 Ti @stock

240 rad

360 rad

Thermaltake Riing Fans

H440

image.png.f8bf6a2e7625253471f401b2d122a6cf.png

A ~10c difference is normal.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Specs:

i7 5820k @stock

GTX 980 Ti @stock

240 rad

360 rad

Thermaltake Riing Fans

H440

The core temps are what you want to be mainly concerned about the package is usually the CPU as a whole or socket for ones with temp probes usually seen on the old AMD chips.

Just now, W-L said:

Thanks for the help, I was concerned as I remember before going hard-line that my core and package temps were the same.