Best 1U or 2U Server Case

PlenumRated

Hello, I am looking for the best rackmount case. After the pfSense update about their new architecture I am unable to use my Watchguard x700. I want to get/build a rack mount unit for pfsense or ipfire. 

Thanks,

Matthew

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

1 hour ago, Matthew45985 said:

Hello, I am looking for the best rackmount case. After the pfSense update about their new architecture I am unable to use my Watchguard x700. I want to get/build a rack mount unit for pfsense or ipfire. 

Thanks,

Matthew

This is the company that has sponsored some LTT Videos: http://www.istarusa.com/en/istarusa/ Im not sure on pricing or anything, but its a place to look. Im guessing expensive. But you might find a used one on ebay I would think. OR you can look for used hardware on ebay like an older server or something bare bones you might be able to use. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

iStarusa has some cheap options. My pfsense box currently lives in a NORCO RPC-230. Not the best case, but no real complains. Haven't found a 1u setup I liked since I had to drop the Alix platform (pc engines). 

I know SuperMicro have some really nice short depth 1U appliance chassis. 

My pfsense box lives in a Rosewill 2U Server Chassis RSV-2600 works well and matches the looks of my 4u server case