Destiny 2 PC port LTT Forum Community players?

TechBruhE

You buy me a copy and we will totally play together ;)

On a serious note, I'm waiting on a price drop and to get a better view of the game. I've sank money into too many bad games at this point.

56 minutes ago, shawnhovde said:

is anyone on the ltt forum going to be playing destiny 2 on pc in a few days? @launch

I will be. I am still in the middle of Shadow of War, but I do plan to at least play on launch day.

username: masqueso

JakeJigsaw#1796
I had completed every book, and maxed out 3 characters each expansion on xbox one in Destiny 1.

Needless to say this game will suck my soul out yet again.

51 minutes ago, JakeJigsaw said:

JakeJigsaw#1796
I had completed every book, and maxed out 3 characters each expansion on xbox one in Destiny 1.

Needless to say this game will suck my soul out yet again.

I was looking forward to cross platform play with people on xbox one, until I recently read some interviews where the devs sort of backed out of the whole cross platform play without coming out and saying it, they said that players would have to pick their platform and have to play with their friends on that platform... and they also said that the pc port still has connection problems aka peer to peer and that they are "looking into new technologies" to try to make it better. so after I read that I was kinda bummed.... but still going to play it since I already pre-ordered the $100 version on battle.net.....

Just now, shawnhovde said:

I was looking forward to cross platform play with people on xbox one, until I recently read some interviews where the devs sort of backed out of the whole cross platform play without coming out and saying it, they said that players would have to pick their platform and have to play with their friends on that platform... and they also said that the pc port still has connection problems aka peer to peer and that they are "looking into new technologies" to try to make it better. so after I read that I was kinda bummed.... but still going to play it since I already pre-ordered the $100 version on battle.net.....

I hope they do not make us one community. Xbox to PS4, sure. But PC players will always have an advantage in PvP.

k3ykebH.gif

@JakeJigsawI hope so, at least for co-op. For multiplayer they could have it optional. Having more options is always good.

Sony wont let them crossplay. sony freaked out a few weeks ago when that pubg impersonation allowed crossplay for 24hrs

On 10/20/2017 at 6:50 PM, JakeJigsaw said:

I hope they do not make us one community. Xbox to PS4, sure. But PC players will always have an advantage in PvP.

k3ykebH.gif

Hah!!!

for co-op it should be fine/fun though. 

Can't load Battle net at work, how much is the PC copy?

Considering they've re-released D1 with 2 new enemy's and a new weapon system, I'll pay no more than £30 for it either. Got given a PS4 copy but got bored as soon as I unlocked the new social space. Was a massive fan of D1 and really wanna play it on PC, but again not paying more than 30. 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Full price for the PC copy.

IMO the way I justify game purchases is to guess if I'll end up playing the game for more time then it takes to earn the money to buy the game... if that makes sense.

AKA if you make 10/hr and the game is 60, if you play more than 6 hours it is "worth it". I expect to play at least 100 hours of D2 at the minimum.

23 hours ago, NinJake said:

Full price for the PC copy.

IMO the way I justify game purchases is to guess if I'll end up playing the game for more time then it takes to earn the money to buy the game... if that makes sense.

AKA if you make 10/hr and the game is 60, if you play more than 6 hours it is "worth it". I expect to play at least 100 hours of D2 at the minimum.

100 hours in the first week.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, Rhyss said:

Can't load Battle net at work, how much is the PC copy?

Considering they've re-released D1 with 2 new enemy's and a new weapon system, I'll pay no more than £30 for it either. Got given a PS4 copy but got bored as soon as I unlocked the new social space. Was a massive fan of D1 and really wanna play it on PC, but again not paying more than 30. 

full price same as console 60 base or 100 w/first year season pass.

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

18 minutes til I go home and try it out!

graphically its beautiful. they messed with the double jump though, I don't remember it being as picky as it currently, in the beta. add me on blizzard or battle.net we'll start up a fireteam. shawnhovde #1290

On 10/19/2017 at 6:55 PM, shawnhovde said:

is anyone on the ltt forum going to be playing destiny 2 on pc in a few days? @launch

HardLogic #1798 if you wanna play, can't add you though.

Being a player of Destiny 2 on the Xbox Platform I would have only one thing to say have fun with the 'endgame'.

Secondly if cross platforming did happen between console and PC I don't think Pc would have a drastic advantage, Destiny is gonna be a whole new world for Pc players while Console players have got the experience with the mechanics of the game and the gameplay alone. Fine PVP anyone can pickup a weapon and fire but it would take PC players that HAVEN'T played or seen Destiny Before will be at a disadvantage even with greater FPS, and sensitivity (as sensitivity doesn't apply much as most Console players either play on a high level or compensate for their slow sensitivity).

Before I get railed for this I do play PC games but I started Destiny on Console so I'm keeping it to Console...

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

14 hours ago, shawnhovde said:

graphically its beautiful. they messed with the double jump though, I don't remember it being as picky as it currently, in the beta. add me on blizzard or battle.net we'll start up a fireteam. shawnhovde #1290

I'll try to remember to do this tonight.

2 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Before I get railed for this I do play PC games but I started Destiny on Console so I'm keeping it to Console...

No problem. I played Destiny 1 at it's release for hundreds of hours on console. All my friends have since switched to pc and the ability to use either controller or keyboard and mouse. I just haven't used consoles much in the past few years.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'll try to remember to do this tonight.

No problem. I played Destiny 1 at it's release for hundreds of hours on console. All my friends have since switched to pc and the ability to use either controller or keyboard and mouse. I just haven't used consoles much in the past few years.

Hehe, Nah I support both sides PC and Console just don't have Destiny 2 on PC because or reason above. 

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Wym they messed up the double jump? I Haven't noticed any complaints on Xbox about it but then again could you be referring to the clamber system that they brought in?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

14 hours ago, shawnhovde said:

graphically its beautiful. they messed with the double jump though

Yeah, the double jump and triple jump seemed to work pretty fine for me yesterday.