Time for a upgrade!

Hey everyone!

I have been sitting here on my i7 3770k and 760 fron gigabyte for quiet a while now, and i have figured a upgrade might be necessary soon. So ive looked around a bit and ive come to the conclusion that i would like to have a 1070 for 144hz

1080p gaming. But my other problems come with the other parts of the PC. I do really like my 3770k, even though its not overclocked (thinking of that just that) it preforms good in games and some light productivity. But my 12gb may be enough

but they look ugly as hell and i would like a new pair of 16gb or such. (using 3x4gb atm). Now comes the real issue... my motherboard is a old one from a acer aspire x995, and i have tried before to put a 1060 inside it, but i did not really work out that good...  i tried updating bios but no success there. So my big question is!

Recommendations for upgrades?

What 1070 to get?

Keep old i7, or buy new everything?

Would a 2½ year old 550 "be quiet" power supply still work?

Fix for my motherboard/graphics card issue?

Im very thankful for any replies, and or suggestions!

21 minutes ago, SunGuGuy said:

Budget?

Do you already have the 1080p 144hz display?

I don't see why a 1060 wouldn't work...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1: new GPU

2: whichever one is the cheapest and not complete shit. look at some reviews for thermals

3: thats up to you entirely, platform upgrades would grant more performance but a better GPU for the same money would perform better

4: really depends on what actiual unit it is.

5: might be none, check the manual for how many watts the PCIe slot can provide. if its bellow 75W thats probably it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016