A possible bitcoin mining trojan and I can't seem to remove it.

5 minutes ago, TheCyborgSlayer said:

--gone--

and i hope you made sure the multiplier is set at 100 in the BIOS right or if you don't have an OC that everything is Auto as the default settings of the BIOS?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

and i hope you made sure the multiplier is set at 100 in the BIOS right or if you don't have an OC that everything is Auto as the default settings of the BIOS?

123.png.1d73c5935dbf5ba1abc8b64bcf82ea54.png

I'll check in bios in a moment as I'm letting kasper finish scanning, this is what speccy shows.

2 minutes ago, TheCyborgSlayer said:

123.png.1d73c5935dbf5ba1abc8b64bcf82ea54.png

I'll check in bios in a moment as I'm letting kasper finish scanning, this is what speccy shows.

Okay. i remember a whitehat hacker at DefCon a year or so ago saying that the newer intel CPUs, at that time it was the 4th, 5th and 6th gen CPUs he meant, has a flaw in the chip itself.

IDK man, try the reinstall to make sure.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Okay. i remember a whitehat hacker at DefCon a year or so ago saying that the newer intel CPUs, at that time it was the 4th, 5th and 6th gen CPUs he meant, has a flaw in the chip itself.

IDK man, try the reinstall to make sure.

Do you think windows refresh tool is worth giving a go? The one that microsoft claims will "Clean" install windows into your pc without deleting your images and such.

Edit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10startfresh

9 minutes ago, TheCyborgSlayer said:

Do you think windows refresh tool is worth giving a go? The one that microsoft claims will "Clean" install windows into your pc without deleting your images and such.

Edit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10startfresh

At this point it can't hurt you, just make sure you save ant downloads you have and try to remember any settings and right them down until after the refresh.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

At this point it can't hurt you, just make sure you save ant downloads you have and try to remember any settings and right them down until after the refresh.

Was doing that, rest I'll remember, thank you for your help! I'll start the "Keep nothing" install and will update this in few hours as I'll head off to work, you guys are freaking amazing.

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

Everything apart of task manager reads the cpu properly now and the pc responds quite well

1 hour ago, TheCyborgSlayer said:

Everything apart of task manager reads the cpu properly now and the pc responds quite well

Then that is good news, just keep an eye out because task manager is supposed to be integral in reading the PC.

Quick question, do you maintain your PC software wise, like clean the unused clutter like outdated/unused registry entries and like say old install files?....if you don't i  would say to look at CCLeaner but an old version of CCleaner was hacked and even though i use the new version with the new certificates i do not recommend it anymore, but there are other tools to do the same as CCleaner, look into it if you think it makes sense.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:07 AM, Leonard said:

Then that is good news, just keep an eye out because task manager is supposed to be integral in reading the PC.

Quick question, do you maintain your PC software wise, like clean the unused clutter like outdated/unused registry entries and like say old install files?....if you don't i  would say to look at CCLeaner but an old version of CCleaner was hacked and even though i use the new version with the new certificates i do not recommend it anymore, but there are other tools to do the same as CCleaner, look into it if you think it makes sense.

So, long story short, for anyone who's interested... It's OCing the cpu that basically messes it up (Multiple other threads online say the same and complain about the same thing, apparently it's normal for task manager to miss-represent the frequencies)

4 minutes ago, TheCyborgSlayer said:

FINALLY I DID IT!!!!!!

So possible fix for anyone else in the same place as me (From checking online forums and etc there seems to be a lot of people as it's also known glitch of task manager/communication with the readings from mobo and etc)

Clean install windows, don't do the windows refresh or reset they do not delete your windows fully or your items even if you select (Keep nothing)

Re-update everything and re-flash your bios to the newest version...

Seems the problem has been solved now

Then it was the internal clock of the OS that was "glitched/tampered" with by the trojan or was the trojan itself, anyway once it is fixed, now you have to keep track of it reappearing if you use that miner again. In this case it would have been good to clear the CMOS without the RAM installed.

The "clean install" once you do not reformat the hard disk will save your main stuff in a folder called windows.old as long as the hard disk has the capacity to do so.

I would try clearing the cmos to see if it's anything you did in the bios that might have caused it.