New gaming PC parts list

Just looking for any general advice, suggestions etc. on my parts list for a new gaming PC. I'm looking to play all games at 1080p Ultra detail at 60FPS and take advantage of the high refresh rate monitor in more competitive eSports titles like CS:GO. I'm looking to keep this thing for a while (and of course upgrade it in the future) which is why I've chosen a fairly high wattage power supply so I could potentially add another 1070 in the future or anything like that. This is also why I've chosen Ryzen over Coffee Lake because I'm pretty sure AM4 is gonna be sticking around for a while. This really is as high as I can go in terms of price so if anything I'd like to lower it. Thanks

P.S. Items marked as "purchased" are just random things I found around the house etc. and of course the monitor will just be a secondary one to watch YouTube videos on or display random less important information.

And also I'd like to keep black and white theme

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gb3qCy

EDIT: Taking into consideration some of the comments and suggestions I've received, here's the revised parts list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HKFwLD

Edited by CluelessLorand
Changed a few parts taking into consideration certain comments and suggestions

It looks like you have it figured out.  In the future you'll probably want to upgrade the 1070 to something else and upgrade your monitor to a 1440 or 4k high refresh rate instead of adding another 1070, unless you always plan on staying 1080P.  SLI support is dwindling these days and its better to have one good card than 2 ok ones.

You can save a few bucks by switching to a 1600 instead of the 1600x. Thermals will stay good if you plan to overclock, the included CPU fan is really good. You can also go down to a 1060 6GB to get your high refresh rate for CS:GO and still get the Ultra detail 60FPS for AAA games. SLI won't be all that helpful for CS:GO may help a little (if supported) for AAA game FPS. 

Choosing AM4 over LGA1151 thinking that the former is going to be around longer is not well thought out. It makes no difference to the staying power of any particular motherboard. Undoubtedly as new cpu are introduced, AMD will offer new chipsets that take advantage of newer tech. Will the new cpu be backwards compatible with older motherboards? Perhaps, perhaps not. But in a few years when DDR5, PCIe 4.0, USB 3.2 are the norm, will you still be happy using your X370 motherboard?

+1 on @TheGlenlivet comments. Planning to SLI a GTX 1070 in a few years will appear much less attractive when the time comes. A new generation of gpu will be available and, if recent history is any guide, they will be much more powerful. The most likely preference then will be selling the GTX 1070 and buying the latest generation.

750W isn't necessary. I would suggest a better quality psu around 550W.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($148.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($143.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.94 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  ($449.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Samsung - S20B300B 20.0" 1600x900 60Hz Monitor  ($0.00) 
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($389.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder Elite Wired Optical Mouse  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad, Extended  ($25.20 @ Amazon) 
Other: HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset for PC, PS4 & Xbox One, Nintendo Switch (HX-HSCA-RD/AM)  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1966.63

You can get a high refresh rate 1440p monitor with G-Sync for literally $10 more. Makes no sense to buy that 1080p panel. SLI support with a MUCH better PSU. If you want an aftermarket cooler, get a Cryorig M9i or Be Quiet Pure Rock(Slim), NOT a 212 EVO. 

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

3 hours ago, Sanctorum said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($148.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($143.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.94 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  ($449.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Samsung - S20B300B 20.0" 1600x900 60Hz Monitor  ($0.00) 
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($389.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder Elite Wired Optical Mouse  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad, Extended  ($25.20 @ Amazon) 
Other: HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset for PC, PS4 & Xbox One, Nintendo Switch (HX-HSCA-RD/AM)  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1966.63

You can get a high refresh rate 1440p monitor with G-Sync for literally $10 more. Makes no sense to buy that 1080p panel. SLI support with a MUCH better PSU. If you want an aftermarket cooler, get a Cryorig M9i or Be Quiet Pure Rock(Slim), NOT a 212 EVO. 

What's wrong with the 212 EVO? I've heard it's a great budget option... also, I need to have wireless network capabilities on my rig as Ethernet cables aren't an option with my setup configuration. Does this mobo support it?

1 hour ago, CluelessLorand said:

What's wrong with the 212 EVO? I've heard it's a great budget option... 

Its not. There are newer, easier to install, quieter, cheaper coolers that perform better, like the M9i or Pure Rock(Slim).

1 hour ago, CluelessLorand said:

also, I need to have wireless network capabilities on my rig as Ethernet cables aren't an option with my setup configuration. Does this mobo support it?

I guarantee you don't need a wireless connection. You can use home plugs. Regardless, you dont need wireless support on the mobo, you can just buy a wireless adapter.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Only difference I would make is get the Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card rather than an MSI, its a better card worth the extra $48.

Made a change up to the GPU, the CPU, and PSU, to balance out the price. Reason for CPU and GPU changes are, X is not need just the standard 1600, and the PSU was overkill. Mentioned above why the GPU was switched. Edit: Changed air cooler to a better one.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.46 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($23.38 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - X370 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($155.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($179.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.94 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.69 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($448.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Samsung - S20B300B 20.0" 1600x900 60Hz Monitor  ($0.00)
Monitor: AOC - G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($379.88 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($138.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder Elite Wired Optical Mouse  ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad, Extended  ($25.20 @ Amazon)
Other: HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset for PC, PS4 & Xbox One, Nintendo Switch (HX-HSCA-RD/AM)  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2102.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-16 17:07 EDT-0400

The i5-8400 performs better than the Ryzen 1600 and 1600X, so its something you'll want to consider. I just put up a Ryzen build in case you were dead set on it.

1 hour ago, Sanctorum said:

I guarantee you don't need a wireless connection. You can use home plugs. Regardless, you dont need wireless support on the mobo, you can just buy a wireless adapter.

LAN over power is not a panacea. There are places where it does not work. Besides, why not go with on-board WiFi?

1 hour ago, RAM555789 said:

The i5-8400 performs better than the Ryzen 1600 and 1600X, so its something you'll want to consider. I just put up a Ryzen build in case you were dead set on it.

The R5-1600 performs better in some tasks, even in some games.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just looking for any general advice, suggestions etc. on my parts list for a new gaming PC. I'm looking to play all games at 1440p Ultra or High detail at 60FPS and take advantage of the high refresh rate monitor in more competitive eSports titles like CS:GO. I'm looking to keep this thing for a while (and of course upgrade it in the future). This really is as high as I can go in terms of price so if anything I'd like to lower it. Thanks

P.S. Items marked as "purchased" are just random things I found around the house etc. and of course the monitor will just be a secondary one to watch YouTube videos on or display random less important information.

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JPY6Gf

11 minutes ago, CluelessLorand said:

Just looking for any general advice, suggestions etc. on my parts list for a new gaming PC. I'm looking to play all games at 1440p Ultra or High detail at 60FPS and take advantage of the high refresh rate monitor in more competitive eSports titles like CS:GO. I'm looking to keep this thing for a while (and of course upgrade it in the future). This really is as high as I can go in terms of price so if anything I'd like to lower it. Thanks

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gb3qCy

You can save some money by going with a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and keep the stock cooler if you don't plan to overclock much (with a stock cooler I got mine to 3.8 GHz stable). You can also save some money by going with a B350 mobo instead of a X370. It will still support overclocking and is 50-80$ cheaper. You can easily go with a 600-650 W PSU instead of a 750 W unit and also if you plan on keeping the system for a long time you might also consider getting a 80+ Gold Certified PSU instead of +80 Bronze. You can look at EVGA for good PSU's. Otherwise a pretty good build. Have fun gaming.

7 minutes ago, AJXD said:

You can save some money by going with a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and keep the stock cooler if you don't plan to overclock much (with a stock cooler I got mine to 3.8 GHz stable). You can also save some money by going with a B350 mobo instead of a X370. It will still support overclocking and is 50-80$ cheaper. You can easily go with a 600-650 W PSU instead of a 750 W unit and also if you plan on keeping the system for a long time you might also consider getting a 80+ Gold Certified PSU instead of +80 Bronze. You can look at EVGA for good PSU's. Otherwise a pretty good build. Have fun gaming.

Hey man, sorry, attached the wrong link. The updated one is now there. Thoughts?

The 8400 is plenty for the GTX 1070, especially at 1440p. Getting that one instead would maybe free up enough money for the GTX 1080.

That's a fairly expensive motherboard. How about the Asus Prime?

You can get cheaper RAM.

The SL308 and MX300 are very decent SSDs, and cost a bit less than the 850 Evo.

The 650W G2 is available for the same price as the G3 550W.

I wouldn't get the Deathadder, unless you have big hands, and exclusively play FPS.

The Sennheiser PC37X is often available on Massdrop for $120. Much better than the HyperX Cloud.

:)

8 minutes ago, CluelessLorand said:

Hey man, sorry, attached the wrong link. The updated one is now there. Thoughts?

If you are going for just gaming then the i5-8600K will be fine. You can try going for more W on the PSU if you have plans on running SLI in the future. Otherwise everything looks fine.

5 hours ago, seon123 said:

The 8400 is plenty for the GTX 1070, especially at 1440p. Getting that one instead would maybe free up enough money for the GTX 1080.

That's a fairly expensive motherboard. How about the Asus Prime?

You can get cheaper RAM.

The SL308 and MX300 are very decent SSDs, and cost a bit less than the 850 Evo.

The 650W G2 is available for the same price as the G3 550W.

I wouldn't get the Deathadder, unless you have big hands, and exclusively play FPS.

The Sennheiser PC37X is often available on Massdrop for $120. Much better than the HyperX Cloud.

I need to have wireless networking on my rig because running an Ethernet cable just isn't an option for me and that mobo comes with it included so :/